Who's who in the showbiz photo
Share with others:
Click photo for larger image
Will Rogers Memorial Park, Beverly Hills, Calif. -- The Post-Gazette put out a call for Pittsburghers working in the entertainment industry in Southern California, and the following showed up to celebrate their shared heritage and to sing "Won't You Be My Neighbor" in honor of the late Fred Rogers.
They claim Pittsburgh in various ways. The preferred identification in our list is home neighborhood or town (although for some, "Pittsburgh" has to do); second is a local college; third is extended work for WQED, the Pittsburgh Playhouse, etc. A few identifications remain unsettled; corrections will be added online.
Abbreviations: CMU = Carnegie Tech or Carnegie Mellon University; PPU = Point Park College or University; Pitt = University of Pittsburgh; PH = Pittsburgh Playhouse; CLO = Pittsburgh CLO; Public = Pittsburgh Public Theater.
1. From top left: Ted Brunetti (Dormont); Robert Slane (Fox Chapel).
2. From top right: Ryan Kushner (raised arm, Squirrel Hill/Shadyside); Chris Potocki ("Pittsburgh born, raised, exiled"); Mark Harvey Levine (Wilkins; CMU).
3. Counterclockwise from top left: Gretchen Berg and Jennifer Berg (North Allegheny); Beej Gefsky (Squirrel Hill); Jared Wellman (Forest Hills); Pat Kirby (Ross; Pittsburgh Filmmakers).
4. Top down: David Hollander (Mt. Lebanon) holding Harper; Megan Stanton (Highland Park; CMU); James Stellos (Steliotes; father owned Colony Restaurant; CMU).
5. Clockwise from top left: Nate Hollander on the shoulders of Thomas Smuts (Shadyside); Tom Pellegrini (Ambridge); unidentified woman in floppy white hat; Carl Lammi.
6. Clockwise from bottom: Beth Wooke (Highland Park); Michelle Sucillon (Green Tree/Scott); unidentified man; Michael Rostker (CMU); David Scott Milton (Pittsburgh; PH).
7. From left: John Felice Lammi (Wexford); Timothy Smith (North Hills; CMU).
8. Michael Baccelli (arm raised, Baldwin); Ed Lammi (Bloomfield; WQED).
9. Counterclockwise from top: Robert Stewart (North Side); unidentified man with flowered shirt, white hair; Audrey Hillman Fisher and Matthew Fisher (Pittsburgh).
10. From left: unidentified woman; John Gresch (CMU); Philip Nemy (family from Tarentum, etc.; CMU).
11. Top: Loren Tarquinio (North Allegheny); Tom Nemy.
12. From left: Nancy Waibel Clemons (Penn Hills; Slippery Rock); Jack Gallagher (Penn Hills; Pitt).
13. Post-Gazette sign.
14. From left: Pauline Koenig (Y-97); Bill Rogers (Wilmerding; Y-97).
15. From left: Betsy Sullenger (Upper St. Clair); Rory O'Malley (CMU); Ed Millner (Pitt); Joey Tague (Apollo, Penn Hills; CMU); Nick Mastandrea (Baldwin; WQED); Christopher Klatman (Squirrel Hill).
16. Peter Fedyshin (Sewickley; Pitt).
17. From left: Ruth Oroshnik (CMU); Mili Rendler (PPU, Art Institute).
18. Carol Eisner (Squirrel Hill).
19. Chris Rawson (PG theater editor) with megaphone.
20. From top: Chris Grudowski (Murrysville); Tom Hyer (Greensburg).
21. Clockwise from top: Al Nemy and Dorothy Nemy (CMU); Joshua Kessler (PPU); Drea Gamble (PPU).
22. From left: Lee Miller (Squirrel Hill, East Liberty; CMU; TV's "Children's Corner"); Tom Bellin (Mount Washington; CMU).
23. From top: Aaron Wilson (North Allegheny; WVU); Kevin Mock (North Allegheny).
24. Clockwise from left: Stephen Liska (North Side, McKees Rocks/Sheraden); Thom Thomas (Thomas, Washington County; Odd Chair, CLO, PH; CMU); Janis Purins (Odd Chair, PH; PPU); Timothy Graham; Christopher Gaal.
25. Clockwise from bottom: Mark Hoerr (Shaler); Stephen Zakman (Fox Chapel); unidentified woman.
26. From top: Graeme "JX" Dunlap (pink shirt, Sharpsburg/Aspinwall); Ann Friday (Penn Hills); Jon Thomas (Bethel Park); Rico Gagliano (Mt. Lebanon; Pitt; PG stringer).
27. From left: Skippy Simon (Franklin Park); Keriann Martin (New Kensington, Lower Burrell; Art Institute).
28. From left: Will Bennett (CMU-in-law); Henni Sanft (CMU).
29. Counterclockwise from top: David Lucarelli (Squirrel Hill/Point Breeze); Elizabeth Chambers (CMU); Rebecca Metz (CMU); Holly Rose Larson (Mt. Lebanon/Dormont; CMU).
30. From top: Audrey Kania (CMU); Andy Allen (Mt. Lebanon).
31. From top: Ed Driscoll; Steve Cuden (Squirrel Hill); Teri Lynn Breier (CMU).
32. Clockwise from left: Joe Pilato (City Theatre, others); Roberta Kenney (PPU; Oakland, etc.); Steve Arnold (CMU, WQED); Nathan Maruccio (Banksville/Green Tree).
33. From top: David Lillich (PPU); Eric McGilloway (PPU); Bob Heath; Monica Rizzo (Pitcairn; IUP) and son Matthew.
34. From top: Robert Michael Morris (Troy Hill, etc.; CLO); Rusty Cundieff (North Side); Bruce Miller (Public, George Romero).
35. From left: Charlie Hauck (WQED); Kit Boyce (Crafton; CMU); Tim Steele (in front of Boyce; WQED); Cindy Pecuch.
36. From left: Sally Lapiduss (Squirrel Hill); Vivienne Radkoff (Point Breeze; Pitt); Gary Kosko ("Mister Rogers"; Squirrel Hill); John Harrison (in front of Lapiduss; Oakland, Oakmont; WQED).
37. Clockwise from top: Tom Wholey (WQED); Rowdy Herrington (Pittsburgh); Tom Cherones (WQED).
38. Asher and Wendy Garfinkel and two children (O'Hara).
39. From left: Arthur Greenwald (WQED, KDKA); Karen Tarleton (holding vintage 1988 KDKA Members Only jacket; Oil City).
40. Unidentified woman in cowboy hat.
41. Nicholas Carifo (Aliquippa; Robert Morris).
42. Unidentified woman in red.
43. Clockwise from top: Kristin Pfeifer (North Allegheny; Slippery Rock); Nazbanoo Pahlavi (CMU); John Siciliano (Springdale; PPU).
44. From left: Joe Rusin (Indiana; Pitt); unidentified woman with glasses on head; Damien Luvara (Brookline; PPU).
45. From left: Laurie Flenner (Bloomfield); Jeff Leroy (Butler, South Side); Mike Pappas (Burgetts-town).
46. From top: Eric Flenner (Bloomfield); Diane Mazeppa (Washington, Pa.; Pitt).
47. From top: Colin Doty (Mt. Lebanon, Squirrel Hill); Lisa Smith (Dormont; Public).
48. From top left: Greg Denevent (North Allegheny); Douglas Miller (Steubenville; wife from Bethel Park); Chris Sanata (Sharon; Duquesne and Pitt); Lucas Deans (Bethel Park).
49. Clockwise from top: Shayna Kasbee (Mercer County; Pitt); Fred Johnston (CMU); Nina Kratsa (Fox Chapel); Linda Johnston (Mt. Lebanon; Duquesne).
50. Clockwise from top: Daniel Lee (Carnegie; CMU); Daisy Church (CMU); Rich Skidmore (Carrick).
51. John Shaffner (right) holding a life-size photo of partner Joe Stewart (both CMU).
52. Clockwise from top left: Beverly Cole; Matthew Sheby (CMU); Matthew Todd; behind him, J. Mathy Wasserman (Squirrel Hill).
53. From top: Owen Simon (New Brighton, Beaver Falls, Shadyside; KDKA); Jim Neville (Upper St. Clair); Marla Mervis (Kittanning).
54. From left: Peter Dutton (North Side); David Garber (Shadyside; CMU).
55. Arc from left: Jennifer Baldauf (South Park/Hopewell; CMU); Rebecca Greenberg (Squirrel Hill; Pitt); Jordan Rapp; J.P. Nickel (Fox Chapel; PPU).
56. Peter Jason (CMU).
57. Megan Fales (Point Breeze; La Roche) holding Georgia, 3.
58. Neil Spisak (CMU).
59. Lana Greenaway (Green Tree).
60. Taryn Hipwell (Cranberry).
61. Unidentified man with hat and cup.
62. Joey Boombotze, aka Joseph John Anthony Marticek (Sewickley).
63. Sally Randa (North Side; CMU).
64. Amy Toothman (Murrysville).
65. Mollye Knox (Mt. Lebanon).
66. Kennywood arrow pointing east, disappeared during after-party (all is forgiven, please call home, 412-263-1666).
67. Mary Kay Twargowski (Shadyside; a Seen best-dressed in 2004).
68. Mindy Eshelman (Franklin Park; CMU) with Rena or Sophie (see 79).
69. Chris Devlin (Irwin); holding picture of Fred Rogers with:
70. Will Potter (Sewickley).
71. Zilla Clinton (WQED) and husband.
72. Pasquale Buba (Braddock).
73. Jan Pascale (Beechview; "Mister Rogers").
74. Francine Byrne (Squirrel Hill; "Mister Rogers")
75. Judith Webb (WQED) with Terrible Towel.
76. "dooner" (CMU; Greenfield).
77. Diane Driscoll.
78. Mindy Kanaskie (28 years at CMU).
79. Rena or Sophie Eshelman? (see 68).
80. Ralph Vituccio (CMU).
81. Frederika Gray (CMU; "Mister Rogers," Public) holding someone.
82. Patti Deutsch (Squirrel Hill, Shadyside; Don Brockett).
83. Jennifer Darling (Squirrel Hill; CMU).
84. Debra Levine (Mt. Lebanon; KDKA's Mike Levine's daughter).
85. Paul Pakler (Robinson; PPU).
86. Jack Brown (Squirrel Hill; CMU, KDKA).
87. Bert Rogal (Homewood, Wilkinsburg, Squirrel Hill; CMU).
88. Melodee Holsinger (Peters; PPU).
89. (from left) Barbra Pakler (Robinson Township; PPU); Foster McCarl.
90. Unidentified man.
91. David Salzman (KDKA in '70s).
92. Daniel Salzman (KDKA, Upper St. Clair).
93. John Dellaverson (Pitt).
94. Laura Davis.
95. Boyart Dillon (PPU).
96. Anthony Newsom (Pittsburgh; PPU).
97. Mauria McPoland (Pitt).
98. Bobby Succuro (Pittsburgher-in-law).
99. Gordon Fales (Fox Chapel) holding Ruby, 11/2; unidentified.
100. Carl Kurlander (Shadyside; Pitt professor).
101. From bottom. Frank Nicotero (North Allegheny); Christine Blackburn (Richland; Duquesne); Matt Bardocz (Beaver Falls, Monaca, Freedom).
102. From top: Nick Manganiello (Mt. Lebanon; CMU); Jamie Relis (Squirrel Hill); Wil Masisak (Bethel Park).
103. Joe Manganiello (Mt. Lebanon).
104. From left: Lee Zacharias (Mt. Lebanon); Diane Tayler (Beechview; PH); Pikke Allen (CMU).
105. Post-Gazette banner on tent back in the trees, the place to eat and reminisce.
Present that day, but not yet located in the picture, were Erin Kane (Lawrenceville; Pitt), Laurie Flenner (Bloomfield), Carrie Bradac (North Hills), Annie Fort (Fox Chapel), Joe Reich (Squirrel Hill; CMU; PH, WQED), Fred Kaplan (Squirrel Hill), Jerry Brown, Jonathan Green (O'Hara) and Jen Kay.
First Published June 13, 2006 12:00 am