Wiz Khalifa, Mac Miller announce joint show in Pittsburgh
Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller played a show here together at Stage AE in the fall of 2010 for 2,500 fans.
This time, it could be 10 times bigger.
The Pittsburgh rap stars will bring the Under the Influence of Music Tour to the First Niagara Pavilion in Burgettstown at 5:30 p.m. Aug. 4, with guests Kendrick Lamar, Schoolboy Q and Chevy Woods.
The nine-city tour opens July 26 in Cincinnati and concludes Aug. 5 in Detroit.
Tickets go on sale at 4:20 p.m. Friday through Ticketmaster. They are $65.50, $45.50, $33.50, $26 (lawn) and $83 (McDonalds 4-pack). Save $8 on lawn tickets Friday. Beginning on Thursday, fans who visit www.facebook.com/livenation and RSVP to the presale will have early access to tickets. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets Tuesday through Citi's Private Pass Program. Go to www.citiprivatepass.com.
The Under the Influence of Music Tour comes in the wake of both rappers releasing popular mixtapes, Khalifa delivering "Taylor Allderdice" (named after both of their high schools) and Miller dropping "Macadelic."
"I'm really excited for this tour, for the fans and as a fan of music myself. It's gonna be trippy," Khalifa said in a statement.
"I'm excited to go on a tour like this because it brings a group of individuals together to move across the country as a unit to showcase great music," Miller added.
Here are the tour dates:
• July 26: Cincinnati, Riverbend Music Center
• July 27: Chicago, First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
• July 28: Indianapolis, Klipsch Music Center
• July 29: Toronto, Molson Canadian Amphitheatre
• Aug. 1: Boston, Comcast Center
• Aug. 2: New York, Nikon at Jones Beach Theater (Mac Miller not confirmed)
• Aug. 3: Philadelphia, Susquehanna Bank Center
• Aug. 4: Pittsburgh, First Niagara Pavilion
• Aug. 5: Detroit, DTE Energy Music Theatre
First Published April 17, 2012 2:08 pm