FILMING OF 'THE DARK KNIGHT RISES'
Actor Christian Bale at a press conference about the film "The Dark Knight Rises" at the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh in 2011.
As Bane, Tom Hardy goes head to head with Christian Bale's Batman in "The Dark Knight Rises." Filmmakers staged a battle for the movie in Oakland last summer.
Christian Bale returns as Batman in "The Dark Knight Rises," the final film in Christopher Nolan's trilogy.
Gary Oldman, left, Christian Bale and Joseph Gordon-Levitt talk up "The Dark Knight Rises" during the 2012 MTV Movie Awards.
Oscar-winner Christian Bale (for "The Fighter") dons cape and cowl once more as Batman in "The Dark Knight Rises."
Share with others:
"The Dark Knight Rises," the third movie in Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, filmed in Pittsburgh last summer and arrives in theaters on July 20, 2012. Sightings of stars Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt earned bragging rights, Downtown streets were covered in snow and fans snapped images of Bat-vehicles for a few exciting weeks of summer. Find comprehensive PG coverage below, and read more in PG movie editor Barbara Vancheri's Mad About the Movies blog.
• Six-minute prologue gives glimpse into Bane's world. With video.
• Heinz Field looms large in second trailer. With video.
• Images of the Batwing from L.A.
• Gaga for Gotham. Photo package.
• It's a wrap for Batburgh. With video.
• Fewer Bat-closures while in Cultural District (Aug. 19, 2011).
• "Dark Knight" filming resumes Downtown with a bang (Aug. 18, 2011).
• Filming may delay buses Downtown (Aug. 17, 2011).
• Anne Hathaway's papparazzi rap on "Conan" (Aug. 17, 2011)
• Batman film a blast for some, headache for others (Aug. 16, 2011).
• Anne Hathaway is spotted walking her chocolate Lab around town, at clickceleb.com (Aug. 5, 2011).
• PG Video: Car chases, Batmobiles and helicopters (Aug. 13-14, 2011).
• Director Christopher Nolan takin' Batman to Downtown streets (Aug. 12, 2011).
• Film notes: Batman caper continues (Aug. 12, 2011).
• Filming moves to shadowy sites beside East Busway, inside Wabash Tunnel (Aug. 11, 2011).
• The latest from winter in August (Aug. 10, 2011).
• "Dark Knight Rises" snows on Downtown Pittsburgh streets (Aug. 10, 2011).
DYNAMIC DUO VISITS CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL:
Nathan Delo, 8, of Jeannette, gets a sneak peak at Batman's new vehicle from (right, with computer) Chris Corbould, special effects supervisor for "The Dark Knight Rises" and from Mychael Bates, left, the property master for the movie now filming in Pittsburgh. The duo visited Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC and gave a presentation of the work they do on Monday, Aug. 15.
• Anne Hathaway: Confident and in love (Aug. 9, 2011).
• Batman extra wins car (Aug. 7, 2011).
• Heinz Field gets roughed up (Aug. 7, 2011).
• Heinz Field preps for Knight game (Aug. 5, 2011).
• Steelers sign on as 'Dark Knight Rises' extras (Aug. 5, 2011).
• First look: Catwoman rolls (Aug. 5, 2011).
• Fans set up perch in Oakland (Aug. 3, 2011).
• Batman and the bridal party (Aug. 2, 2011).
• Spectators gather for Oakland shoot (July 31, 2011).
• Snowy Gotham City sets up camp on Lawrenceville street (July 30, 2011).
• Christian Bale, Christopher Nolan thank Pittsburgh for hospitality as filming begins. (July 29, 2011).
• Pittsburgh lights up Bat Signal. (July 29, 2011).
• Downtown transitions from Golden to Gotham. (July 20, 2011).
• Heinz Field is new home of Gotham Rogues. (July 14, 2011).
• 9,000 line up for 3,000 extras jobs (June 20, 2011).
• Holy Wannabes! It's Batman tryout (June 12, 2011).
• Steelers part-owner had hand in luring film shoot. (May 27, 2011).
• 'Dark Knight' rising in the 'Burgh. (April 17, 2011).
• Cotillard, Gordon-Levitt join cast (April 19, 2011).
• 'Dark Knight Rises' will film in Pittsburgh (April 5, 2011).
• Anne Hathaway to play Catwoman. (Jan. 20, 2011).
• Anne Hathaway: Catwoman tells Regis Philbin about the joys of Pittsburgh.
• Press Conference: Nolan, Bale address the city.
• Movie Trailer: 'The Dark Knight Rises'
• First Look: Tom Hardy as Bane
PREVIOUS FILMS IN CHRISTOPHER NOLAN'S TRILOGY
• Costumed fans fill theaters (July 18, 2008).
• PG Review: 'The Dark Knight' (July 17, 2008)
• PG Review: 'Batman Begins' (July 18, 2005)
First Published August 1, 2011 4:17 pm