Here's what you'll need to know about getting around Downtown on Monday, the start of the Pirates season:
9 a.m.: Traffic restrictions begin
• Roberto Clemente Bridge closes to vehicles.
• North Shore parking near PNC Park opens with event rates; all North Shore parking lots and garages are closed to commuters.
• “T” service is free from the four Golden Triangle stations, as well as Allegheny Station outside of Heinz Field, to the North Side Station.
11 a.m.: Gates open at PNC Park
• All guests will be screened with metal detecting wands or be asked to walk through new ballpark upright metal detectors. Guests are asked to leave all unnecessary metal objects in their vehicles or at home.
• Permitted: one bag per person, including soft-sided coolers and soft-sided briefcases; bottled water and food that may fit into a 16x16x8-inch soft-sided bag; children's juice boxes and necessary medical items; clear, plastic, sealed and disposable water bottles smaller than 24 oz;
• Not permitted: Hard-sided coolers and briefcases, ice packs and cooler inserts, alcoholic beverages, carbonated beverages, sports drinks, cans, glass bottles and thermoses; hazardous or disruptive items (such as boom boxes, inflatable balls, balloons, laser pointers, footballs, weapons)
• Express lanes are offered at each gate for those not carrying bags.
12:30 p.m.: Pregame ceremonies begin
1:05: p.m.: Game against Chicago Cubs begins
Parking options for families:
• Consol Energy Center West and South Lots ($7.25)
• Grant Street Transportation Center
• Station Square, Gateway Clipper Shuttle Boats – The Gateway Clipper will take fans directly to PNC Park from this location. Children under turnstile height (30 inches) are free
• River Avenue Lots
• Carnegie Science Lots
• Fulton Avenue Lot (on the north side of the West End Bridge)
Parking options for those over 21:
• Rivers Casino Garage ($30) – Due to Rivers Casino policy, everyone in the vehicle must be 21 years or older to enter the garage