Defending champion Perry did not lose a game to a City League football opponent last season.
The Commodores are off to a promising start again this season.
Kevin Griffin ran for 101 yards and two touchdowns to lead Perry to a 26-13 win Thursday against Brashear at Cupples Stadium.
With the score tied, 7-7, in the second quarter, Perry (1-1) took the lead for good on Griffin's 1-yard touchdown run.
Perry's Juyaun Byrd returned an interception 44 yards for a touchdown in the third quarter to increase the Commodores' lead to 20-6.
It was the second defensive touchdown for Perry as Taj Dennis recovered a fumble in the Brashear end zone in the first quarter.
Angelo Reed was 12 of 28 for 220 yards, including a 66-yard touchdown pass to Adam Tajuddin, for Brashear (0-2). Reed also ran for a touchdown.
Brashear outgained Perry, 305-147.
Last week, both teams suffered blowout non-league losses. Perry fell to defending PIAA Class AAA champion Erie Cathedral Prep, 55-0. Brashear lost to Slippery Rock, 44-7.
• Karl Palmer's second-half goal boosted visiting Hampton (2-0, 1-0) to a 2-1 victory against North Hills (2-2, 0-2) in Class AAA Section 2.
• Bethel Park's T.J. Gallagher scored two goals to propel the visiting Black Hawks (3-1, 2-0) to a 5-3 win against Trinity (0-1, 0-1) in Class AAA Section 4.
• Brett Merritt's goal in the first overtime allowed Ambridge (2-2, 1-1) to sneak past visiting Chartiers Valley (1-2-1, 0-2), 2-1, in Class AAA Section 5.
• Lucas Mangery scored with less than three minutes left in the second overtime to help Greensburg Salem (1-1, 1-1) gain its first victory, 1-0, against visiting Valley (1-1, 1-1) in Class AA Section 1.
• Class AA No. 3 South Park (2-0, 1-0) picked up its first Section 3 win by defeating visiting Elizabeth Forward (0-4, 0-2), 8-0. Brandon Walbert had a hat trick for South Park.
• Kyle Everette had three goals and Austin Meuser added three assists to help visiting Hopewell (2-1, 2-0) gain a 6-0 win against Mohawk (0-2, 0-2) in Class AA Section 4.
• Brian Coyne scored two goals to help Class AA No. 2 South Fayette (4-0, 2-0) stay unbeaten after a 3-0 win against visiting Keystone Oaks (0-2, 0-2) in Section 5.
• Tyler Harris netted a hat trick for visiting McGuffey (3-1, 2-0) in a 3-1 win against Laurel Highlands (3-2, 1-1) in Class AA Section 6.
• Kyle Border scored the winning goal a minute into the first overtime, and host Beth-Center (2-0, 2-0) held on to defeat Chartiers-Houston (0-3-1, 0-2) in Class A Section 4.
• Logan Angert scored five minutes into the game and visiting Butler (3-0, 2-0) held on to edge Shaler (0-3-1, 0-2), 1-0, in Class AAA Section 2. Butler has yet to give up a goal this season.
• Goalkeeper Belmo Nurkic notched a shutout as Baldwin (3-0-1, 2-0) defeated visiting Albert Gallatin (1-3, 0-2), 7-0, in Class AAA Section 4. Nurkic's sister, Belma, is a former Post-Gazette Player of the Year in basketball and now plays at Duquesne.
• South Allegheny's Jake Thieret scored two goals and added three assists to lead the Gladiators (2-0) to a 5-2 non-section win against visiting Riverview (0-3).
• Brandon Benedetti scored three goals to help Class A No. 4 Seton-LaSalle (3-0, 2-0) remain undefeated after a 10-0 rout of visiting North Catholic (0-2, 0-2) in Section 3.
• Luke Doptis had a hat trick for host Monessen (3-0, 2-0) in a 4-2 victory against Washington (0-4, 0-2) in Class A Section 4.
• Sarah Anderson's goal with five minutes left gave host Seneca Valley (3-1) a 1-0 win against Canon-McMillan (1-1) in a non-section match.
• Ashley Amato and Aaliyah Odom each scored their sixth goal this season for Plum (4-0) in a 2-1 non-section victory at Franklin Regional (1-1-1).
• Allison LaDuke's penalty kick in the second overtime allowed host Latrobe (2-0-1) to beat Belle Vernon (3-1), 2-1, in a non-section match. LaDuke's sister, Abby, scored Latrobe's other goal.
• Avonworth (2-1, 1-0) got three goals from Pam Meighan in a 5-3 victory at Carlynton (1-1-1, 0-1) in Class A Section 3. Thanna Oddo scored three goals for Carlynton.
• Harrison Laskey's 4-under 35 at Cedarbrook Golf Course helped Laurel Highlands down Ringgold, 199-216, in Class AAA Section 2.
• Grant Engel shot a 3-under 33 and Thomas Steve a 2-under 34 at Quicksilver Golf Club to lead Upper St. Clair to a 184-203 triumph against West Allegheny in Class AAA Section 7. Josh Linsenbigler shot a 3-under for West Allegheny.
• Peters Township defeated Bethel Park, 191-215, in a non-section match at Valley Brook Country Club. Bethel Park's Nick Nonyk was the medalist, shooting a 2-under 34.
• Owen Miller fired a 1-over 36 at Chartiers Country Club to lift Burgettstown to a 206-229 win against Bishop Canevin in Class AA Section 4.
• Also in Class AA Section 4, Chartiers-Houston's Ben Hritsko shot a 3-over 38 at Dogwood Hills Golf Course to help the Bucs defeat McGuffey, 210-260.
• Central Valley's Mackey Fouse fired a school-record 3-under 36 at The Club at Shadow Lakes to lead the Warriors to a 153-216 win against South Side Beaver in Class AA Section 2. Fouse is a Seton Hall recruit.
• Mia Kness shot a 4-under 32 at Frosty Valley Golf Links to propel Peters Township to a 155-199 victory against Hopewell in Class AAA Section 2.hsother - hsfootball - hssoccer