David Haus hit two free throws with 30 seconds remaining Friday night to lift Class AAAA No. 4 North Allegheny (6-0, 3-0) to a 71-69 victory against host Seneca Valley (5-2, 2-1) in Section 3.
The Raiders had a chance to win, but T.J. Holl's 3-pointer at the buzzer was no good.
The Tigers jumped to a nine-point lead after the first quarter as Joe Mancini hit five 3-pointers in the first eight minutes. Mancini did not score the rest of the game.
But the Raiders battled back in the second half, going on a 19-0 run at the end of the third quarter and start of the fourth.
Mike Smith led Seneca Valley with 20 points and Matt Darby added 17.
Mike Carter had 14 points for the Tigers, while Haus and Cole Constantino each chipped in 13 points.
Other top boys games
* Kason Harrell scored 27 points and Logan Hunter added 19 to lead Hempfield (4-1, 3-0) to a win against visiting Connellsville (4-2, 1-1), 71-55, in Class AAAA Section 1.
* Sean Whalen scored 11 of his 16 points in the second half to help Central Catholic (5-1, 3-0) rally to a 61-57 win against visiting McKeesport (2-4, 0-3) in Class AAAA Section 2.
* Jordan Pratt had 24 points and Lyric Ellis 20 as Class AAA No. 4 Uniontown (8-0, 3-0) beat host Greensburg Salem (3-4, 1-1), 80-65, in Section 3.
* Class AAA No. 5 Thomas Jefferson (6-1) will play for the KSA Disney Classic championship in the Green Bracket today in Orlando, Fla., after beating Fleetwood, 62-36. Charlie Scharbo led the Jaguars with 24 points.
* Christian DelGreco had 17 points as Class AA No. 2 Seton-LaSalle (5-0, 3-0) beat host Fort Cherry (3-4, 1-1), 42-40 in Section 4.
* Dasonte White scored 19 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter as Summit Academy (5-2, 1-0) handed Class AA Section 1 foe Apollo-Ridge (6-1, 0-1) its first loss, 75-67.
* Jamal Hughley scored 11 points and Adam Joyce added 10 to help Avonworth (5-2, 3-0) beat visiting Sto-Rox (2-3, 0-1), 51-45, in Class AA Section 6.
Boys stars of the night
* Dane Jackson scored 38 points to help Cornell (5-2) beat Eden Christian (1-3), 74-72, in a non-section, double-overtime game.
* Dominic Robb scored 28 points as Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic (3-1) notched a non-section road win against Kennedy Catholic, 58-42.
* Julian Batts scored 19 points and dished out 10 assists as Jeannette (4-2, 2-1) crushed visiting Springdale (1-6, 0-2), 56-17, in Class AA Section 3.
* Caleb Davis drilled a 15-foot jump shot at the buzzer to give Valley a 53-51 road win against Kittanning in Class AAA Section 1.
Boys hot shots
* Players with four or more 3-pointers: Ricky Roth, Ellwood City, 7; Nick Groover, Albert Gallatin, 5; Justin Gorny, South Park, 5; Joe Mancini, North Allegheny, 5; David Gallagher, Knoch, 5; David Huber, Hampton, 4 Chaz Verrico, Rochester, 4; Louis Connors, Perry, 4; Anthony Richards, New Castle, 4; Owen Nearhoof, Mars, 4; Connor Wege, Derry, 4; Matt McKinney, Neshannock, 4; Matt Renzi, Franklin Regional, 4.
Top girls games
* Johnie Olkovsky grabbed an offensive rebound and scored with 22 seconds left to give Class AA No. 5 Bishop Canevin (6-1) a 41-40, non-section victory against host Chartiers Valley (1-5). Gina Vallecorsa sparked the Crusaders with 17 points.
* Courtney Zezza scored a game-high 14 points as Plum (5-2, 3-0) grabbed a win against visiting Gateway (2-2, 1-2), 42-36, in Class AAAA Section2.
Girls star of the night
* McGuffey's Sammie Weiss had 35 points and 13 steals in a 78-46 victory for the Highlanders (4-1) against Ralph McKee (N.Y.) at the KSA Disney Classic in Orlando, Fla.
Girls hot shots
* Players with four or more 3-pointers: Sam Burkholder, Winchester Thurston, 4; Danielle Dindak, Serra Catholic, 4.