Seneca Valley rode a Lexus into the WPIAL Class AAA girls soccer final.
Lexus Lambert headed in the winner in the 70th minute to give Seneca Valley a 1-0 victory Wednesday against Bethel Park in a semifinal at Chartiers Valley.
Lambert, a freshman defender, netted the decisive goal off a corner kick by Morgan Williams.
For the No. 2-seeded Raiders (19-1), it will be their first trip to the championship since beating Peters Township in the 2009 final.
The Raiders have won 19 games in a row since opening the season with a loss.
No. 3 Bethel Park (19-2) had won its two previous playoff games in shootouts.
• Peters Township 3, Gateway 0: Top-seeded Peters Township (19-1) advanced to the title game for the fifth year in a row, blanking the Gators (16-4-1) at Baldwin. Veronica Latsko scored twice for the Indians, who have not lost to a WPIAL team this season.
• Mars 2, Belle Vernon 1: Lydia Dennis and Karli Paracca scored as defending champion and top-seeded Mars (18-1-1) reached the final for the third consecutive season by squeezing past the Leopards (17-3-1) at Gateway. It marked the second season in a row the Leopards have been beaten in the semifinals.
• Moon 2, Central Valley 1: Antonia Grese scored with two minutes left in the first overtime to lift the Tigers (20-1) to their 10th win in a row by beating the Warriors (16-1-2) at Ambridge. Central Valley, which also lost in the semifinals a year ago, had given up one goal over their previous seven games.
• Greensburg Central Catholic 3, Shady Side Academy 1: Frannie Crouse's hat trick helped defending champion and top-seeded Greensburg C.C. (18-1) beat Section 4 rival Shady Side Academy (14-5-1) for the third time this season, at Hampton. The Centurions also beat the Panthers in the semifinals a year ago.
• Sewickley Academy 1, Mohawk 0: Mackenzie Coles scored with six minutes left in the first overtime for Sewickley Academy (20-0-1) in a win against No. 14 Mohawk (10-9-1) at Ambridge.mobilehome - hssoccer