For the first time this season, Mt. Lebanon came up short against a WPIAL opponent.
Class AAAA No. 4 Bethel Park (14-1, 8-1) broke open a close game with a big fourth quarter in a 52-38 home win Monday night against the No. 1 Blue Devils (12-4, 7-1).
It is the second consecutive season the Black Hawks defeated the Blue Devils at home. Before the 2012-13 season, Bethel Park hadn't beaten Mt. Lebanon since 2007.
Sami Simpson and Mia Mattes scored 13 points apiece to lead the Black Hawks, who outscored Mt. Lebanon, 20-10, in the fourth quarter.
Madeleine Collins had a team-high 10 points for the Blue Devils.
Other top girls games
* Taylor Brennan scored 19 points and Devvin LaBarge added 15 to lead Class AAAA No. 2 North Allegheny (15-1) to a 69-28 non-section win against visiting Plum (11-6).
* Behind 18 points, 15 rebounds and 4 blocks from Erin Mathias, Class AAAA No. 3 Fox Chapel (15-3, 10-0) beat visiting Penn Hills (9-8, 5-4), 63-43, in Section 2.
* Belle Vernon's Kaitlyn Slagus scored 26 points on 11-of-15 shooting and grabbed 22 rebounds to help the Leopards (13-4, 7-2) take down visiting West Mifflin (11-5, 6-4), 56-50, in Class AAA Section 4.
* Class AA No. 5 Greensburg Central Catholic (13-3, 9-0) clinched the Section 3 title with a 68-28 victory against visiting Riverview (11-7, 7-3). Caroyln Appleby led the Centurions with 24 points.
* Class A No. 1 Vincentian (15-2, 9-0) scored 45 points in the first quarter on its way to a 76-13 win against visiting Trinity Christian (3-10, 1-6) in Section 2. Brenna Wise and Torrieonna Cash each had 14 points for the Royals.
* Amirah Moore of Moon scored 25 points to put her over 1,000 points for her career, but the visiting Tigers (11-7, 4-5) lost to Class AAA No. 3 South Park (13-4, 9-1), 71-56, in Section 5. Moore has 1,019 points for her career.
Star of the night
* Carlynton's Conor Richardson made six 3-pointers in a 28-point effort to lead the host Cougars (14-3, 9-1) to a 75-19 victory against Northgate (5-12, 1-8) in Class AA Section 6.
Girls hot shots
* Players with four or more 3-pointers: Conor Richardson, Carlynton, 6; Halie Torris, South Park, 4; Taylor Brennan, North Allegheny, 4; Sydney Rabold, Ambridge, 4; Ciara Patterson, West Mifflin, 4; Caroline Cree, Carmichaels, 4; Kylie Hoffman, California, 4.
Top boys game
* J.J. Conn scored 25 points as visiting Upper St. Clair (12-5, 8-2) beat Canon-McMillan (10-7, 6-4) for the second time in four days, 66-50, in Class AAAA Section 4. The Panthers also beat the Big Macs, 56-47, Friday at Upper St. Clair.