Pine-Richland had been the only baseball team to defeat Moon this season.
Thursday, the Rams did it again.
Andrew Nussbaum drove in the winning run with a fifth-inning single as host Pine-Richland edged Class AAAA No. 1 Moon, 6-5, in Section 4.
Daane Berezo went 4 for 4 with three RBIs for the Rams (13-4, 7-1), who rallied from a 5-2 deficit to move ahead of Moon (9-2, 6-2) and take the outright section lead.
Other top baseball games
* Vince D'Orazio's RBI single in the sixth gave Mt. Lebanon (9-9, 6-2) a 3-2 home win against Class AAAA No. 3 Canon-McMillan (11-4, 5-3) in Section 5. Winning pitcher Austin Kitchen struck out 10.
* Winning pitcher Alex Kiriloff allowed two hits in 61/3 innings to help Plum (12-4, 6-2) win at Franklin Regional (8-6, 4-5), 3-1, in Class AAAA Section 3.
* Nikki Matz's two-run single capped a five-run seventh as Class AAAA No. 4 Seneca Valley rallied to beat visiting North Hills (6-7, 4-6), 10-9, in Section 3. North Hills' Alyssa Panza went 3 for 3 with three RBIs.
* Linda Rush and Brittney Crawford both homered and had three hits to help Class AAAA No. 1 Canon-McMillan (14-2, 10-1) roll to a 12-5 win against visiting Baldwin (10-3, 9-3) in Section 4.
* Paige Flore tossed a two-hitter and struck out nine in leading Class AAA No. 4 West Mifflin (13-2, 8-2) to a 1-0 win against visiting Southmoreland (8-5, 6-4) in Section 3.
* Winning pitcher Abby Gustovich had 10 strikeouts and added four doubles and three RBIs to vault host Beth-Center (5-7, 5-4) to an 8-7, eight-inning win against Chartiers-Houston (8-6, 6-4) in Class AA Section 2.
* Perry named Ken Wright as its new football coach. Wright coached at Langley for five years before the school closed in 2012.