The longest winning streak in WPIAL boys basketball came to an end Monday.
Tyler Nicholson scored 21 points and host Blackhawk rolled to a surprising, 63-46, non-section win against Class AA No. 1 Beaver Falls.
Beaver Falls (6-1), the defending WPIAL and PIAA champion, had won 24 consecutive games. The Tigers won each of their first six games by double digits.
Chase Migliore and Tyler Engle added 15 points apiece for Blackhawk (3-4).
Dan Stratton led Beaver Falls with 18 points and Javon Turner chipped in 15.
Blackhawk raced to an 11-4 lead after one quarter, led by eight after three quarters, and outscored Beaver Falls, 24-15, in the fourth.
Other top boys games
* Jordan Pratt scored 12 of his 25 points in the second quarter and Class AAA No. 4 Uniontown improved to 9-0 for the first time since 2001-02 with a 71-67 non-section triumph at Class AAAA No. 3 Gateway (5-2).
* Jacob St. George's 20 points helped Class AAA No. 1 Central Valley (6-1, 2-0) edge host Ambridge (4-3, 0-1), 64-60, in overtime in Section 2. Stephon McGinnis and Daylon Carter each scored 21 points for Ambridge.
* Dale Clancy scored 29 points to help Class AA No. 2 Seton-LaSalle (6-0) remain undefeated with a 72-64 win at South Park (3-4). Dan Wanker scored 26 points for South Park.
Star of the night
* Dustin Sleva finished with 28 points and 16 rebounds to vault host Montour (5-0) to a 60-54 non-section triumph against Central Catholic (5-3). Montour was 15 of 18 from the free-throw line in the fourth quarter.
Boys hot shots
* Players with four or more 3-pointers: Sven Zepic, Baldwin, 4; Damon Petrola-Bakos, Bentworth, 4; Alex Hammers, Canon-McMillan, 4; Nick Yuhas, Laurel Highlands, 4; Matt McKinney, Neshannock, 4, Ryan Burek, North Hills, 4.
Top girls games
* In a non-section showdown, Yacine Diop's 18 points helped Class AA No. 1 Seton-LaSalle (6-3) earn a 55-46 win at Class AAA No. 2 South Park (5-2).
* Kara Foster's basket with two seconds left allowed visiting Ringgold (5-3) to rally from a 12-point halftime deficit and hand Class AA No. 4 Carlynton (6-1) its first loss, 42-41, in a non-section game. Carlynton's Conor Richardson had seven 3-pointers among her 23 points.
* Danielle Wall (12 points) led a group of five players scoring in double figures for Class AAAA No. 2 North Allegheny (6-1) in a 58-52 non-section win against visiting Norwin (4-3).
Girls hot shots
* Players with four or more 3-pointers: Conor Richardson, Carlynton, 7; Monica Burns, Hempfield, 4; Eleni Radic, Ringgold, 4.