Pennsylvania American Water is replacing more than five miles of aging water mains in nine municipalities at a cost of $7 million, the company announced today.
"By replacing aging water mains -- that are in some cases more than 100 years old -- we can ensure a high level of quality and service," Jasun Stanton, Pittsburgh field operations manager, said in a press release.
People in the work areas may experience service interruptions, discolored water or low pressure at times, according to the press release.
Affected customers are being notified by mail about the construction, Penn American spokesman Gary Lobaugh said.
Work will be done on the following streets:
• Gardenville Road
• Diann and Linda drives
• Lisa Drive
• Marilyn Drive
• Villahaven Drive and Gardenville Road
• Eisner Avenue
• St. Clair Drive
• Duncan Avenue and Nicholson Street
City of Pittsburgh
• Brookline Boulevard (19th Ward)
• Dillon Way (19th Ward)
• McCaw Drive (20th Ward)
• Fairdale and Allendorf streets (20th Ward)
• Ashlyn Street (20th Ward)
• Tole Street and Dalemount Avenue (20th Ward)
• Ford Street and Stratmore Avenue (28th Ward)
• Moffat Street (28th Ward)
• Norwalk Street (28th Ward)
• Winamack and Jerome streets (28th Ward)
• Overbrook Boulevard (29th Ward)
• Suncrest Street (30th Ward)
• McElhinny Avenue (31st Ward)
• Bluff Street
• Connolly Avenue
• Glencairn Road
• Roberta Avenue
Upper St. Clair
• Clair Drive
Jon Schmitz: email@example.com or 412-263-1868.