La Gourmandine will take over the former Penn Avenue Fish spot on Forbes Avenue
Restaurant-Style Artichoke and Spinach Dip
- 4 large cloves garlic, roasted
- 10-ounce package chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 10-ounce container Alfredo-style pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounce cream cheese, softened ( 1/2 of an 8-ounce package)
To roast the garlic: Rub off the outer layers of the skin. Place the garlic on a square sheet of foil. Drizzle with about 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Loosely wrap the foil around the garlic. Bake in a 400-degree oven until soft when pierced with tip of a pointed knife. Open foil during the final 5 minutes of baking.
Lower the oven to 350 degrees. When garlic is cool enough to handle, mix it with remaining ingredients.
Spread mixture in an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Cover and bake 30 minutes or until cheese sare melted and bubbly. Serve warm with crackers or bread of your choice.