How about this new act of Congress for 2013?
1. A Congress member collects a salary while in session and receives no pay when he or she is out of session.
2. All funds in the congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately.
3. Congress will have no pension. Congress can purchase its own retirement plan, just as other Americans do.
4. Regarding pay raises, congressional pay will rise by the lower of the consumer price index or 2 percent.
5. Congress loses its current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws it imposes on the American people.
7. Former members of Congress should not be allowed to become lobbyists for at least five years after leaving Congress.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career.
The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their terms, then go home and back to work.
Don't you think it is time? This is how we all can fix Congress.