- A-K Pulser, Allegheny Valley Hospital’s hospital-based paramedic response unit, in conjunction with the Allegheny Health Network Emergency Group of Alle-Kiski, is holding its annual golf outing on Friday at the River Forest Country Club 131 Clubhouse Lane, Allegheny Township, Westmoreland County. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. with a shotgun start at 10 a.m. The cost is $95 per golfer, $380 for a foursome which includes 18 holes of golf and a cart, continental breakfast, lunch at the turn, an awards dinner and beverages throughout the day. Proceeds benefit the hospital’s capital campaign for Emergency and Urgent Care Services. For more information, call 724-226-7044.
- Latrobe Area Hospital Aid Society is sponsoring a uniform, shoe and accessory sale from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. next Tuesday and 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 20 in the Little Shop corridor, on the first floor of Excela Health Latrobe Hospital. Call 724-689-0206.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a program on acupuncture at 6 p.m. Monday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of MVH’s “Innovations in Medicine” series. Speaker is family practitioner Lauren H. Ayersman. To register, call 724-258-1333.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a basic life support class for the healthcare provider, including CPR certification renewal, from 5 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $35 per student, including required manual. To register, call 724-274-5202.
- Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, except where indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
— “Breastfeeding Success,” 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, conference room D, first floor.
— Infant Care, 7 to 9:30 p.m. next Tuesday and Aug. 26, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
— “Look Good ... Feel Better,” cosmetology workshop for women cancer patients, 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, Community Education Center, Excela Square at Norwin, 8775 Norwin Ave., North Huntingdon.
— Sibling class, for older children ages 3-8 of expectant parents, 6 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20, conference room D. Participants should bring a baby doll or stuffed animal for practice.
- Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
- The McKeesport Area chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness support group is holding a dinner social at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Luciano's, 1212 Long Run Road, White Oak. Call 412-373-7977.