- Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC, is sponsoring a bariatric surgery information session at 6 p.m. Monday, July 14 in room 120 of its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Presenter is physician Ramesh Ramanathan. A heart-healthy cooking demonstration precedes. To register, call 412-641-3632 or 412-802-8299.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. To register, call 724-724-5202.
— Heartsaver First Aid CPR/AED, 5 to 8 p.m. today and Wednesday. Cost: $35 per person for each part, $50 for both, includes required manual.
— Safe Sitter, 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday and Friday. Cost: $50 per student. Space limited to six.
- Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
— Childbirth and Beyond, three weeks, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Wednesday or 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
— Breastfeeding Success, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, conference room D, first floor.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with Rostraver EMS, is holding a CPR class at 11 a.m. Wednesday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. The cost is $35. To register, call 724-872-9200.
- To find a blood drive near you call:
— The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
— The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
- Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
- Excela Health is sponsoring the following eight-week classes on Wednesdays beginning Wednesday in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, except where indicated. To register, call 1-877-771-1234.
— Zumba, 4 p.m.
— LaBlast, 5 p.m.
— Yoga, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays beginning July 17, auditorium B, first floor, Excela Latrobe Hospital.