To find a blood drive near you call:
The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check www.www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
South Fayette, in conjunction with Central Blood Bank, is sponsoring a blood drive from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday in the senior center of its municipal building, 515 Millers Run Road. For appointments, call 412-209-7241.
• Passavant Hospital Foundation is presenting the following programs at 12:30 p.m. at the Senior Center, Cranberry Township Municipal Building, 2525 Rochester Road. To register, call 412-748-6640.
— Effects of Parkinson’s Disease, Wednesday. Presenter: Neurologist Erek Lam.
— “Shoulder Pain ... Ouch, why does my shoulder hurt?” June 24. Presenter: Orthopedist Christopher Emond.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Healthy Eating Supermarket Tours from 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville, Road, Union. Health care professionals from Monongahela Valley Hospital’s Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology are conducting the tours and discussing “Picnic Foods/Food Safety.” The program is free, but space is limited. Advance registration is required. Call 724-258-1483.
• McKeesport Healthier Communities Partnership is sponsoring “Delicious & Nutritious: Eating Healthy on a Budget” from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Senior Care Plaza, 624 Lysle Blvd. Call 412-247-7816.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the second installment of its Podiatry Educational Series from 6 to 7 p.m. next Tuesday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Featured presenter is Dr. Cheryl L. Goldstein from A1 Foot & Ankle Clinic. Call 724-274-5202.
• Excela Health is sponsoring a Breastfeeding Success class from 9 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the Memorial Conference Center, on the ground floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call: 412-255-1155.
• Collier is sponsoring a teen fitness program for ages 13-18 from from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at Kelly Park, 55 Steen Hollow Road. The cost is $65, $55 for residents. For more information, call 412-279-2525, ext. 122.