- The Pittsburgh branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is sponsoring a health and job fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Petra Ministries, 235 Eastgate Drive, Penn Hills. Call 412-471-1024.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a bone density screening from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. For more information, call 724-348-6699.
- Excela Health, in partnership with the White Oak Rotary, is offering a Wellness Check diagnostic screening from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. Saturday at the White Oak municipal building, 2280 Lincoln Way. Appointments are preferred. Call 1-877-771-1234 between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. weekdays.
- The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, is hosting “The Seven Threats to Your Family’s Security” from 2 to 3:45 p.m. today at the hospital’s Charles W. Young Conference Center. Featured presenter is attorney Timothy Sechler, partner with Heritage Elder Law & Estate Planning, LLC. To register, call 412-330-4469.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring “Am I at Risk for Diabetes?” at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of its “Innovations in Medicine” series. Featured presenter is endocrinologist Alexander Tal. To register, call 724-258-1333.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a discussion on major mental health disorders including psychotic and mood disorders from 6 to 7 p.m. Thursday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer, as the first of a series of Mental Health & Wellness Educational Seminars. Presenter is Hari Vemulapalli from Penn Psycare Inc. in Lower Burrell. Call 724-274-5202.
- Excela Health is sponsoring a Mall Walkers program at 8:30 a.m. Friday in the Community Education Center at Excela Square at Norwin, 8775 Norwin Ave., North Huntingdon. Speaker is gastroenterologist Rupam Sharan. To register, call 1-877-771-1234.
- The Pittsburgh Psycholananalytic Center, Suite B101 401 Shady Ave., Shadyside, is sponsoring a session of the James T. McLaughlin Training Program in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Training Program in Psychoanalysis from from 7 to 9 p.m. Monday. The session is open only to those in the mental health professions. Presenter is Sharon Leak, psychologist in private practice. Call 412-661-4224.
- Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
Breastfeeding Success, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, conference room D, first floor.
Childbirth and Beyond, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
Sibling class, for older children of expectant parents, 6 to 8 p.m. next Tuesday, Memorial Conference Center. Participants should bring a baby doll or stuffed animal for practice.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Call 724-274-5202. Required manuals are included in the cost.
Heartsaver First Aid with AED/CPR, 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday. Part I covers basic Heartsaver First Aid; Part II, Heartsaver CPR AED includes adult, child and infant CPR and choking relief and automated external defibrillator usage. Cost: $35 per person for each part, $50 for both parts.
Basic life support for Healthcare Provider, including CPR, 5 to 9 p.m. Monday. Cost: $45.
- Allegheny County Health Department, in collaboration with the McKeesport Healthier Communities Partnership, is sponsoring “Healthy Ways to Manage Stress” from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Kane Hospital, 100 Ninth Ave., McKeesport. Speaker is Joyce Dupak, expert in relaxation techniques and stress management. Call 412-247-7816.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a baby care class from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Monday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. For more information, call 724-258-2229, ext. 9.
- Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
- The Wilkins School Community Center, 7604 Charleston Ave., Swissvale, is offering yoga for older adults at 9 a.m. Saturdays beginning Saturday. The cost is $10 per class. Call 412-244-8458.
- UPMC Rehabilitation Institute is holding its annual Wheelchair Wash & Tune-Up Picnic from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday in the Sister M. Ferdinand Clark Auditorium at UPMC Mercy. Patients and the public are invited to bring wheelchairs, which will receive minor repairs, tune-ups and a wash at no charge. Up to two hours free parking is available for participants. Call 412-232-9326 or 412-232-7949.
- Blind & Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh needs teenage volunteers for its summer youth program from June 30 to Aug. 1. They would help young adults who are blind or vision-impaired prepare for college or a career. Volunteer schedules are flexible, and training is provided. For more information, call 412-368-4400 ext. 3430.