- UPMC East, Monroeville, is presenting “Take Control of Your Blood Pressure” from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. today in its Conference Center on its ground level as part of the Alive and Well Series. Presenters are nephrologist Robert M. Denshaw, who speaks from 6 to 6:45 p.m.; and diabetes educator and registered dietitian Cindy Donovan, who speaks from 6:45 to 7:30 p.m. A blood pressure screening will take place from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Call 412-357-3700.
- Monroeville United Methodist Church, 219 Center Road, is hosting “Night to Enlighten,” including a panel discussion with mental health professionals, at 7 p.m. Wednesday in commemoration of Mental Health Awareness Month. Call 412-372-7474 between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources is presenting “Talk With a Doc: Shoulder Pain” at 5:30 p.m. next Tuesday at the Bethel Park Municipal Building, 5100 West Library Ave. Speaker is orthopedic surgeon Richard Mitchell. To register, call 724-258-1333.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a monthly Podiatry Educational Series from 6 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays from next Tuesday to July 29 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Speaker for the May meeting is Cheryl L. Goldstein from A1 Foot & Ankle Clinic in Harrison. Call 724-724-5202.
- Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring the following basic life support classes for healthcare providers on Saturday at Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Cost includes a required manual. Call 724-724-5202.
CPR renewal, 9 a.m. to noon. Cost: $35.
CPR initial, 1 to 5 p.m. Cost: $45.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with the Valley Health and Safety Training Center, is sponsoring the following classes from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. Advance registration is required. Call 724-684-9536.
Adult CPR, next Tuesday.
Adult first aid, May 29.
- The Family Additions Maternity Center of Excela Health, in partnership with the Pennsylvania State Police, will host a car seat safety check from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday on the campus of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. To register, call 1-877-771-1234.
- To find a blood drive near you call:
The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
- Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
- Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is sponsoring the following classes. Call 412-835-6630.
Ballet Barre Total Balance, fusing dance, Pilates, and yoga, 9 to 10 a.m. Wednesdays or 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays.
Ball Blast, using a stability ball, sand ball and resistance, 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. Mondays.
- Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a shingles vaccine clinic from 10 a.m. to noon May 27 at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. Registration is required. For questions or to schedule an appointment, call 724-348-6699.
- Family Hospice and Palliative Care is accepting registrations for Camp Healing Hearts, a one-day camp for kids ages 6-12 coping with the loss of a loved one, from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. May 31 at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair. For more information and to register (deadline May 26), please call 412-572-8829.