• Passavant Hospital Foundation, in collaboration with UPMC Heart & Vascular Center at Passavant and UPMC Health Plan, is presenting a Heart & Stroke Symposium at 8 a.m. Thursday at the Conference Center & Legacy Theatre on the McCandless campus of Passavant Hospital. Multiple speakers, health screenings, informational tables and vendor displays will be featured. To register: 412-748-6550.
• The Pennsylvania Breast Cancer Coalition, in partnership with Excela Health, Westmoreland Walks Inc. and the Pennsylvania Department of Health, is sponsoring a kickoff reception for the photo exhibit "67 Women, 67 Counties: Facing Breast Cancer in Pennsylvania" 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the atrium of Excela Square at Norwin, 8775 Norwin Ave., North Huntingdon. The exhibit will be on display through May 10. For reception reservations: 1-800-377-8828, ext. 2306.
• The Woodlands, 134 Shenot Road, Marshall, is holding a Tournament of Champions golf event at 10 a.m. May 10 on its adaptable golf course, after which time it opens to anyone wishing to try the adapted golf equipment. The Woodlands' annual Music Fest follows, featuring musical performances by Kiersten Kelly, Matt Otis and participants from the Woodlands' Notes From the Heart Music Program. Call 724-935-5470, ext. 241.
• The Auxiliary of Mon-Vale Health Resources Inc. is sponsoring a book fair at 9 a.m. Friday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. Information: 724-258-1167.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources Inc. is sponsoring a colorectal cancer screening and education program from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. A take-home test to screen for blood in the stool will be given to all participants. Space is limited. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• To find a blood drive, call:
-- Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check www.redcrossblood.org/greateralleghenies.
• Monroeville Public Library, 4000 Gateway Campus Blvd., is hosting the following "Creative Solutions for Caregivers" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Mondays. Presenter is Jeff Weinberg. Call 412-372-0500.
-- "How to Deal With Stress and Guilt," Monday.
-- "Financial and Legal Aspects," May 12.
-- "Relieving Stress Through Laughter, Creative Writing and Meditation," May 19.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is sponsoring a Highmark BCBS Medicare Solutions Seminar at 11 a.m. next Tuesday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Presenter is Dona Marks, senior benefits consultant with Highmark. To register: 1-888-919-7787.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Breastfeeding Success, 7 to 9:30 p.m. Thursday, conference room D, first floor.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday or 7 to 9:30 p.m. three consecutive Mondays beginning Monday, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- Family and Friends CPR, 6 to 9 p.m. next Tuesday, conference room D.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Childbirth Preparation Class from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays from May 7 to 28 in its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive. To register: 724-258-2229, ext. 9.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
• The Webster Beagle Club is sponsoring a rabies clinic from noon to 4 p.m. Sunday at the Rostraver Central Fire Co., 1100 Fells Church Road. Donation is $10, and inoculations for lyme disease, parvovirus and distemper are available for additional fees. Participants will receive free hot dogs, coffee and gifts from Dad's Dog Food and Martin's Pet & Wild Life Center and should enter the rear door. Call 724-379-7103.
• The Allegheny County Health Department, in cooperation with the Allegheny County Breastfeeding Coalition, is seeking nominations for its annual Breastfeeding Friendly Place Awards, presented to workplaces, public places and other sites away from home that make an extra effort to help breastfeeding moms by offering a positive attitude and supportive environment. Nominations are being accepted until May 16, and awards are to be announced during World Breastfeeding Week, Aug. 1-7. To nominate an employer, public place or other site outside the home for the awards, call 412-687-2243.