• The PriorityCare program of Allegheny Valley Hospital, Harrison, will sponsor the following programs in its Charles W. Young Conference Center. For reservations, call 412-330-4469.
-- "The Eyes Have It: Common Eye Problems and Treatments," 1:30 p.m. next Tuesday. Presenter: Dr. Michael Sigal. Includes screenings.
-- "Early Detection & Treatment of Lung Cancer: The Thoracic Surgeon's Role," 4 p.m. April 23. Presenter: Dr. Lana Schumacher.
• UPMC Voice Center will offer a vocal health seminar for church choirs and vocal teams from 5 to 8 p.m. next Tuesday in the Clark Auditorium at UPMC Mercy, Uptown, in conjunction with World Voice Day. Register by Friday. Call 412-232-7464.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital will sponsor a class on basic life support for health care providers, including CPR, from 5 to 9 p.m. Monday at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $45, which includes a required manual. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• The United Mitrochondrial Disease Foundation is holding an Energy for Life Walkathon at 9 a.m. April 26 beginning on the lawn at Heinz Field, 100 Art Rooney Ave., North Shore. To register, call 1-888-317-8633.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is holding its annual gala with a "Jungle Cruise" theme on May 17 in the Allegheny Grand Ballroom of the Westin Convention Center and Hotel, 1000 Penn Ave., Downtown. A reception with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres begins at 6 p.m., followed by dinner at 7 p.m. and live entertainment by the band Finesse. The cost is $175, and the deadline is May 1. Dress is black-tie. Call 724-258-1657.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
-- The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
-- The American Red Cross, 1-800-733-2767. For bloodmobile locations, check http:
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.