• The UPMC Cancer Pavilion at UPMC Shadyside is hosting an Integrative Cancer Wellness Fair from 2 to 6 p.m. Wednesday on the second floor of the Herberman Conference Center. Providers of various integrative modalities, including yoga, massage, acupuncture, reiki, nutrition, mindfulness, meditation, music, art and expressive therapy, are slated to exhibit and demonstrate their services. Call 412-864-6722.
• Excela Health Behavioral Health Services is hosting a Children's Emotional Wellness Symposium from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 14 in Auditorium A/B, on the first floor of Excela Latrobe Hospital. Participants may choose from a number of workshops, including "The Impact of Words on Children," "Therapeutic Play," "Bereavement and Loss," "Resiliency and Recovery," "Assessing and Responding to Children in Crisis" and "ADHD Evaluation and Treatment" presented by individuals specializing in child and adolescent behavioral health. Registration is required by Nov. 1. For more information and registration, call 724-537-1650, option 1.
• Longwood at Oakmont, 500 Coxcomb Hill Road, Plum, is hosting "Fitness for a Cure," including a yoga session, early detection information and testimonies from breast cancer survivors, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Lunch provided. Seating for this event is limited. Guests are encouraged to make a $5 to $10 donation. Proceeds benefit the Pittsburgh affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Foundation. Register at www.longwoodatoakmont.com/info or 1-877-214-8410.
• The Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease Foundation Inc. is the beneficiary of "Espo's Night of Hope," in memory of Bobby Esposito, from 6:30 to 11:30 p.m. Saturday at the Georgetown Centre, 526 E. Bruceton Road, Pleasant Hills. The cost is $35. For more information, call 412-848-6367.
• Excela Health, in conjunction with the American Liver Foundation, is offering hepatitis C screenings from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday Saturday and 5 to 7 p.m. next Monday at Excela Square at Norwin, Norwin Hills Shopping Center, 8775 Norwin Ave., North Huntingdon. Call 724-861-6300.
• UPMC McKeesport is providing various health screenings from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday at St. Therese of Lisieux Catholic Parish, 1 St. Therese Court, Munhall. For more information, call 412-636-5273.
• Excela Health is offering flu shots at 8:30 a.m. Thursday during its monthly Mall Walkers program at Westmoreland Mall, off Lincoln Highway, Hempfield. Participants will be asked to sign a waiver and provide proof of Medicare coverage if applicable. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• VA Butler Healthcare is sponsoring a Flu Clinic and Health Fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday at VFW No. 7505, 331 Mars-Valencia Road, Adams. For more information, call 724-285-2223.
• Allegheny Valley Hospital is offering a two-part Heartsaver first aid and CPR/AED class from 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday respectively at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. The cost is $35 per part and $50 for both. Space is limited to eight. To register, call 724-274-5202.
• The American Red Cross of Southwestern Pennsylvania is offering Babysitter's Training from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at its Downtown headquarters, 225 Blvd. of the Allies. The cost is $85. Call 1-888-733-2767.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring the following programs.
-- "Talk With a Lung Specialist," featuring Beverly Tokar, director of respiratory care at Monongahela Valley Hospital, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. A pulmonary function screening test is being conducted. Walk-ins welcome. To register, call 724-348-6699.
-- "Do I Have a Herniated Disc?" 6 p.m. Tuesday, Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center, Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll; and Wednesday, Willow Room, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver as part of MVH's Innovations in Medicine series. Speaker is orthopedic spine surgeon Alexander Kandabarow. To register, call 724-258-1333.
-- "Living Well Through the Seasons," program on nutrition, 1 p.m. Wednesday, Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Includes stress management, healthy holiday eating and cooking demonstrations. To register, call 724-258-1320 or 724-258-1126.
-- "Talk With a Doc: Neck Pain," with sports medicine specialist Justin Petrolla, 6 p.m. Thursday, Frank Sarris Public Library, 35 N. Jefferson Ave., Canonsburg. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• Excela Health is offers an eight-week class in basic yoga at 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays beginning Oct. 30 in conference rooms 1 and 2, on the fourth floor of Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• The Westminster Recreation & Outreach Center of Westminster Presbyterian Church, 2040 Washington Road, Upper St. Clair, is sponsoring the following classes on Mondays except where indicated. Call 412-835-6630.
-- Barre Workout, a fusion of dance, Pilates and yoga, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. from next Monday to Dec. 16.
-- Gentle Yoga, geared toward those 55 and older, 6 to 7 p.m. from next Monday to Dec. 16.
-- Energy Flow, geared toward those 55 and older, 8 to 9 a.m. from Nov. 4 to Dec. 16.
-- Super Cardio, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays from Nov. 5 to Dec. 17.
• The Mt. Lebanon Public Library, 16 Castle Shannon Blvd., is offering "Yoga for You" at 7 p.m. every Wednesday. Call 412-531-1912.
-- Compiled by Rick Nowlinhealth
First Published October 20, 2013 8:00 PM