• The Arthritis Foundation is hosting an Arthritis Expo from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at La Roche College, 9000 Babcock Blvd., McCandless. In addition to breakout sessions, participants may explore the exhibition hall to access the latest information and resources from various vendors. All pre-registered participants are guaranteed a complimentary lunch. Space is limited. To register, call 412-250-3348.
• The Mylan School of Pharmacy and the Forensic Science and Law Program at Duquesne University are hosting a Chemical Dependency Summit from 2 to 5:30 p.m. May 15 in Wolfe Lecture Hall in the unversity's Bayer Learning Center. Speakers include Fred Fochtman, director of the Forensic Science and Law Program at Duquesne University; Neil Capretto, medical director at Gateway Rehabilitation Institute; and Troy Rivetti, supervisory assistant U.S. attorney and chief of the violent crimes section for the U.S. Attorney's Office of Western Pennsylvania. For more information, call 412-396-6379 or 412-396-2052.
• Latrobe Area Hospital Aid Society will host a jewelry sale from Silpada Designs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday and 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday in the Little Shop Corridor on the first floor of Excela Health Latrobe Hospital. Call 724-689-0206.
• Crisis Center North is holding "Cocktails & Cuisine" from 6 to 10 p.m. May 17 at The Woodlands Foundation, 134 Shenot Road, Marshall. The cost is $75 per ticket. Call 412-364-6728.
• MHY Family Services, formerly known as Mars Home for Youth, is holding a "Swing into Summer" gala from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. May 18 at Twelve Oaks Mansion, 160 Scharberry Lane, Adams. The cost is $100 per ticket, and the deadline is May 10; cocktail attire. Call 724-625-3141.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is holding "Gala 25: An Evening to Remember" at 6 p.m. May 18 in the Allegheny Grand Ballroom, on the third floor of the Westin Convention Center, 1000 Penn Ave., Downtown. Finesse Superband is providing live music. Cost is $175, and the deadline is May 8. Black tie preferred. For tickets, call 724-258-1657.
• The National Kidney Foundation is holding its annual NKF Cadillac Golf Classic at 10:30 a.m. May 20 at the Valley Brook Country Club, 425 Hidden Valley Road, Peters. The cost is $1,500 for a foursome, and the deadline is May 15. Space is extremely limited. Call 412-261-4115.
• UPMC is offering skin cancer screenings from 5 to 7 p.m. today in Outpatient Services (Pods A-D), on the second floor of the Hillman Cancer Center, 5115 Centre Ave., Shadyside. For appointments, call 1-855-756-7768.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is conducting skin screenings from 2 to 4 p.m. May 14 at the Finleyville Community Center, 3547 Marion Ave., in recognition of National Melanoma and Skin Cancer Detection Month. Appointments are limited. Call 724-348-6699.
• St. Clair Hospital is sponsoring its annual skin cancer screening from 6 to 7:30 p.m. May 14 in Suite 115 of its Outpatient Center, Village Square, 2000 Oxford Drive, Bethel Park. Screenings are by appointment only and space is limited. To register, call 412-942-5082 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Healthy Eating Supermarket Tour focusing on "Picnic Foods" from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday at its Healthy Directions health resource center, Finleyville Giant Eagle, 3701 Brownsville Road, Union. Advance registration is required, and space is limited. Call 724-348-6699 or 724-258-1148.
• Longwood at Oakmont, 500 Coxcomb Hill Road, Plum, is holding "Understanding Alzheimer's Disease" at 11 a.m. May 15. Speaker is Len Lecci, director of clinical services at MARS Memory Health Network. Space is limited. To register, call 1-877-214-8410.
• The Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer.
-- Joslin Diabetes Center's Self-Management Education one-day class, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. Fees payable by insurance. Call 724-367-2400. Space limited to 20.
-- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, including CPR renewal, 5 to 9 p.m. May 13. Cost: $30 per student, includes required manual. Call 724-274-5202. Space limited to eight.
• Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic of UPMC, in conjunction with the Allegheny Family Network and the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is offering "So You or Your Child Has Been Diagnosed with ADHD" from 10 a.m. to noon May 13 at Rodef Shalom Congregation, 4905 Fifth Ave., Oakland; and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. May 20 at Pleasant Hills Presbyterian Church, 199 Clairton Road. Call 412-204-9090.
• Excela Health is sponsoring "Your Changing Body for Boys," for boys ages 10 to 13 and their parents or guardians, from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday in conference room D, on the first floor of Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh/UPMC is sponsoring the following classes at UPMC East, Monroeville, unless otherwise indicated. Registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
-- Alone at Home, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday. Cost: $10 per family.
-- The Happiest Baby on the Block, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday. Cost: $35 per couple.
-- Babysitting 101, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $35.
-- CPR: Infant, Child and Teen, 9 a.m. to noon May 11, UPMC South, Bethel Park. Cost: $30.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a four-week childbirth preparation class from 7 to 9 p.m. Wednesdays beginning May 8 at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. To register, call 724-258-2229 ext. 25.
• Self Help Group Network, a service of PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call 412-255-1155.
• The Parkinson's Foundation of Western Pennsylvania is holding a Parkinson's disease support group from 7 to 9 p.m. May 13 and every second Monday of the month in the conference room at UPMC East, Monroeville. Meghan Taggart of Medtronic Inc. will speak about deep brain stimulation. Call 412-837-2750.
• Destination Wellness, the health resource center of the Alle-Kiski Medical Center, in conjunction with the Community Library of Allegheny Valley, is offering The Wise Walk, a 10-week walking program for adults ages 50 and up, at 10 a.m. Thursdays from May 9 to July 18 in Pittsburgh Mills Mall, Frazer. The 10th meeting is to be a celebration held at the library, 1522 Broadview Blvd., Harrison. To register, call 724-274-5202.
--?Compiled by Rick Nowlinhealth