• Phipps Conservatory & Botanical Gardens, 1 Schenley Park, Oakland, is sponsoring a Tropical Forest Yoga Festival Friday through March 7. Sessions are 11 a.m.-noon each day. Additional weekend sessions are 1:30-2:30 p.m. March 2 and 3, with activity and educational stations and food samples 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Free with admission; 412-622-6914.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Go Red Washington County" from 4-8 p.m. Thursday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center of Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. Included are screenings, an educational panel discussion, a healthy-food cooking demonstration, Zumba and walking fitness demonstrations, and a stress management session. For information or to register, call 724-258-1333.
• UPMC is sponsoring its annual Children's Ball from 6 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the Carnegie Science Center, 1 Allegheny Ave., North Shore. Tickets: $100 for adults; $40 for children. Proceeds benefit the UPMC Health for Life Summer Camp at Braddock. Call 412-802-8256.
• The Samuel J Foundation is sponsoring "Laughter Is the Best Medicine," a comedy benefit, 8 p.m. Saturday at the Chartiers Room, 370 Commercial St., Bridgeville, with Joe Eberle, Chuck Mignanelli, Lisa Dapprich and Dan Jenniches. Tickets: $30 at the door. Proceeds benefit the foundation's Pediatric Brain Tumor Fund. Call 724-693-9901.
• Westmoreland/Frick Hospital Foundation is presenting its annual Star Light Black Tie Bingo 6 p.m. March 23 at the Greensburg Country Club, 309 Pleasant Valley Road, Hempfield. Cost: $150 per person; $300 for benefactor (admits two). Proceeds benefit such services as home care and hospice patient care, family support, technology upgrades and community health screenings. RSVP deadline is March 11. Call 724-832-4155.
• The Village at St. Barnabas, 5850 Meridian Road, Richland, is sponsoring "How Hospice Helps" 1:30 p.m. Wednesday as part of its ongoing "Doc's Talk" series. Speaker is Becky Carr, director of patient services for St. Barnabas Medical Center. For more information, call 724-443-7231.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring "Innovations in Ankle Arthritis and Surgery" at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll, as part of MVH's "Innovations in Medicine" series. Speaker is William T. DeCarbo. To register, call 724-258-1333.
• UPMC St. Margaret is presenting "Vanishing Varicose Veins" from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Oakmont Carnegie Library, 700 Allegheny River Blvd. Speaker is Eric S. Hager, vascular surgeon at UPMC Heart and Vascular Institute at UPMC St. Margaret. Reservations are required. Call 1-866-939-7787.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources, in conjunction with the Valley Health and Safety Training Center, is holding an Infant and Child CPR class at 6 p.m. Thursday in the Anthony M. Lombardi Education Conference Center at Monongahela Valley Hospital, Carroll. Cost is $40; advance registration is required. Call 724-684-9536.
• Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh/UPMC is sponsoring the following classes at its various satellite centers. Registration is required. Call 412-692-7105.
-- Sibling Rivalry, 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday, UPMC South, Bethel Park, Cost: $5.
-- Babysitting 101, 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Saturday, Pine Center. Cost: $35.
-- Alone at Home, 7 to 8:30 p.m. March 5, UPMC East, Monroeville. Cost: $10 per family.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes in the Memorial Conference Center, Ground Floor, Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- Your Changing Body for Girls, intended for girls ages 9 to 12 and their parent or legal guardian, 10 a.m.-noon Friday.
-- Childbirth and Beyond, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Saturday.
• The UPMC Voice Center is holding its annual vocal health seminar for church choirs and vocal teams 3-6 p.m. March 10 in the Clark Auditorium at UPMC Mercy, 1400 Locust St. The deadline is March 3. Call 412-232-7464.
• The Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh is offering a new prenatal yoga class at 1 p.m. Saturdays from March 2 to April 6 at its South Hills location, 345 Kane Blvd., Scott. The cost is $90, $60 for JCC members and free for JCC Ultimate Fitness members. For more information, call 412-278-1975 ext. 217.
• Mon-Vale Health Resources is sponsoring a Mamm & Glamm Event from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at its Mon-Vale HealthPLEX, 800 Plaza Drive, Rostraver. Women will receive pampering after having a mammogram. Appointments and prescriptions are required. Call 724-379-1911.health