• The Pittsburgh Psychoanalytic Center is sponsoring a screening of "Footnote" from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday at the Bigelow Conference Center, 4338 Bigelow Blvd., as part of its Analytic Flicks series. Donation is $10, $5 for students, with continuing education credit available. Space is limited. Call 412-661-4224.
n The Pittsburgh Mercy Health System is sponsoring its annual Reindeer Ball from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Westin Convention Center, 1000 Penn Ave., Downtown. "A Winter Wonderland" Tickets are $80, $45 for children. Proceeds benefit A Child's Place at Mercy. Call 724-934-3537 or 724-934-3538.
• Excela Health Hospice is sponsoring an Italian Christmas event 6 p.m. Dec. 6 at Rizzo's Malabar Inn, 126 Rizzo Road, Salem. The cost is $50, including dinner, a glass of house wine and a cookbook. Raffle baskets and a silent auction for a private dinner for six to eight at Rizzo's are also to be available. The deadline is Dec. 4. Call 724-689-0202.
• To find a blood drive near you call:
? The Central Blood Bank, 412-209-7000 or 1-800-310-9551.
? The American Red Cross, 1-800-448-3543. For bloodmobile locations, check http://www.redcrosslife.org.
• Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring a blood drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. 724-274-5202.
• The Village at St. Barnabas, 5850 Meridian Road, Richland, is sponsoring "How Good Foot Care Can Benefit You" at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday in Hilltop Hall as part of its ongoing Doc's Talk series. Presenter is Dr. Larry Campoli, podiatrist at St. Barnabas Medical Center. Call 724-444-0723.
• Alle-Kiski Medical Center is sponsoring the following classes at its Destination Wellness health resource center, the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills, 590 Pittsburgh Mills Circle, Frazer. Space is limited to eight, and the cost includes a required manual. To register, call 724-274-5202.
-- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers, including CPR renewal, 8 a.m. to noon Dec. 1. Cost: $30.
-- BLS for Healthcare Providers, including CPR, 1 to 6 p.m. Dec. 1. Cost: $50.
-- Heartsaver first aid with AED/CPR, 5 to 8 p.m. Dec. 3 and 4. Cost: $35 for each, $50 for both.
• Excela Health is sponsoring the following classes at Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, unless otherwise indicated. Call 1-877-771-1234.
-- "Living with Diabetes, Looking Forward," 10-hour program, 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. beginning Dec. 1 or 1 to 4 p.m. beginning Dec. 6, 420 Pellis Road Rear, Hempfield; 9 a.m. to noon beginning Dec. 3, Frick Hospital, Mount Pleasant Borough; and 5 to 8 p.m. beginning Dec. 4, Latrobe Hospital.
-- Sibling class, for older children ages 3 to 8 of expectant parents, 6 to 8 p.m. Dec. 3, Memorial Conference Center, ground floor.
-- "Breastfeeding Success," 7 to 9:30 p.m. Dec. 4, first floor conference rooms.
• Self Help Group Network, a service PA 2-1-1 Southwest, provides a database of support groups. Call: 412-255-1155.
--?Compiled by Rick Nowlinhealth