Beaver Falls -- The Association of Reformed Colleges and Universities will sponsor the following lectures by Deborah Bowen, Redeemer University professor of English, at Geneva College, 3200 College Ave. Information: 724-847-6577.
• "The Good Society: Why Bother with the Humanities in a Time of Crisis?", 7:30 p.m. next Thursday, John White Chapel, Old Main.
• "What's the Use of Stories that Aren't Even True?" 10:10 a.m. March 15, Skye Lounge, Student Center.
Green Tree -- The Green Tree Public Library, 10 W. Manilla Ave., will hold Italian language classes at 7 p.m. Mondays from Monday to May 6 in the Birch Room. The cost is $60, and registration must be done in person by Monday. Information: 412-921-9292.
New Brighton -- The Merrick Art Gallery, 1100 Fifth Ave., will sponsor a five-week pottery class beginning Saturday. Children's classes will take place from noon to 2 p.m., while adult classes will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. No class will be held March 30. Information: 724-846-1130.
Carnegie -- The following locations will hold a fish fry every Friday throughout Lent.
• St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, 330 Third Ave., 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Orders: 412-276-1011, ext. 220.
• VFW Post 331, 370 Logan St., 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Information: 412-276-0032.
• Carnegie United Methodist Church, 419 Washington Ave., 4 to 7 p.m. Information: 412-279-3020.
• Ancient Order of the Hibernians Division 32, Ukrainian-American Club, 302 Mansfield Blvd., 4 to 7:30 p.m. Information: 412-559-4746.
Carnegie -- The Andrew Carnegie Free Library, 300 Beechwood Ave., will sponsor a showing of "The Maltese Falcon" at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday as the kickoff of the Blockbuster Books on Film Movie & Lecture series. Information: 412-276-3456.
New Brighton -- The Merrick Art Gallery will sponsor the following art classes for children from 10 to 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Information: 724-846-1130.
• Drawing, Saturday.
• Painting, March 16.
• Printmaking, March 23.
• Sculpture, April 6.
• Metal tooling, April 13.
Moon -- Boy Scout Troop 905 will sponsor a spaghetti dinner from 1 to 6 p.m. Sunday in the Social Hall of St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, One Parish Place, off Beaver Grade Road. The cost is $9, $7 for college students and military, $6 for children 12 and younger. There also will be a ticket auction and 50/50 raffle. Information: 724-457-7423.
Green Tree -- Outreach Teen & Family Services will sponsor "Parenting a Strong-Willed Child" from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at the Green Tree Library. Registration is required. Information: 412-921-9292.
Moon -- The Moon Township Public Library, Suite 100, 1700 Beaver Grade Road, will sponsor the following events at 6:30 p.m. Registration is required. Information: 412-269-0334.
• Tea Time at Downton Abbey, Tuesday. Includes screening of the first episode of the BBC series.
• Adult Craft Night: Pot of Gold, Wednesday. Limited to three pots.
Scott -- The Scott Township Public Library, 301 Lindsay Road, will sponsor the following events. Information: 412-429-5380.
• Conversation Salon, 1 to 3 p.m. Monday. Topics to be discussed: "Should Pennsylvania state liquor stores be privatized?" and "What childhood memories do you have that stand out, both wonderful and not so wonderful?"
• Book Bingo for grades K-8, younger children with an adult, 7 to 8 p.m. next Thursday. Space limited.
Collier -- The Pioneers West Historical Society will meet at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Walker-Ewing Log House, 1355 Noblestown Road. Light refreshments and a short get-acquainted social will follow. Information: 412-279-9408 or 412-221-7297.
Green Tree -- The Green Tree Garden Club will meet next Thursday at the Green Tree Fire Hall, 825 Poplar St. Lunch will be served at 11 a.m., followed by the meeting at noon and the program at 12:30 p.m. Nick Urbano of the borough's Public Works Department will discuss "Keeping Green Tree in Bloom." Information: 412-429-8574.
Carnegie -- The Pittsburgh Savoyards will perform Gilbert & Sullivan's "H.M.S. Pinafore" at 8 p.m. Friday, Saturday, next Thursday and March 15 and 16 and 2:30 p.m. Sunday and March 17 at the Andrew Carnegie Free Library & Music Hall, 300 Beechwood Ave. Tickets cost $20 and $25. Reservations: 412-734-8476.
Midland -- River City Brass will perform "Celtic Connections!" at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Lincoln Park Performing Arts Center & School, 935 Ohio Ave. Tickets cost $24 and $29. Information: 1-800-292-7222.
Robinson -- Robinson Township Christian School, 77 Phillips Lane, will hold an open house at 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. Information: 412-787-5919.
Ambridge -- St. John the Baptist Orthodox Church, 450 Glenwood Drive, will sell paska breads, cookies, rolls, pierogies and other baked goods from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. March 29. Orders may be placed until March 20. Orders: 412-749-0675.
Hopewell -- The Beaver Valley Christian Women's Club will hold its monthly luncheon from 11:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Fez Banquet & Wedding Center, 2312 Brodhead Road. Speaker will be Cindy McKee, whose topic will be "An Experienced Bargain Hunter Tells About Her Priceless Find." The cost is $10, and reservations are due today. Information: 724-375-5757.
To include your event, send details with a daytime phone number to: Westscape, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 34 Blvd. of the Allies, Pittsburgh 15222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All information must be received two weeks before the publication date.