Road repair projects will create traffic restrictions in the west suburbs.
Here's a roundup of some of the construction activity.
State Department of Transportation crews will be performing repairs on these roads:
• Ashwood and Shenango roads, Big Beaver -- Crack sealing between the Lawrence County border and Elmwood Road.
• Blackwoods Road, New Sewickley -- Pipe replacement between Freedom Crider and Blackwoods roads.
• Bocktown Cork Road, Independence -- Bridge beam repairs between Potts Hollow Road and the Raredon Run bridge.
• Bradys Run Road, Brighton -- Drainage work between Constitution Boulevard and Grange Road.
• Brodhead Road, Hopewell -- Road base repairs between Sheffield Road and Mill Street; crack sealing between the Allegheny County line and Chapel Road.
• Gringo-Independence Road, Independence -- Pipe replacement between Independence Road and Davis Street.
• Heights Road, Hopewell -- Crack sealing between Jordan Street and Brodhead Road.
• Monroe Street, New Galilee -- Patching between New Galilee Road and Cleveland Avenue.
• River Road, North Sewickley -- Crack sealing between Routes 588 and 351.
A single-lane traffic pattern is in place in both directions on Route 51 (Constitution Boulevard) in the area of the new Veterans Memorial Bridge.
The restrictions will remain through December between Third Avenue and Delaware Avenue. The left lanes are closed.
The detour in place on Sharon Road also will continue through December.
The $22 million project involves constructing a new bridge over the Beaver River between Routes 51 and 18, connecting Fallston, Bridgewater and Rochester Township. The prime contractor is Golden Triangle Construction Co. Inc. of Imperial. Overall work is expected to conclude in 2014.
Beaver County will own the new bridge when construction is completed. PennDOT is overseeing the construction because federal funds are being used for the project.
A road repair project at Pittsburgh International Airport is restricting lanes through mid-October near the Hyatt Regency and the short-term parking garage.
Access to both facilities will be available to the public and employees.
The restriction is a single lane with traffic and detour signs posted and a 15 mph speed limit.
Presto-Sygan Road has been closed in Collier and South Fayette while a bridge is replaced at the intersection with Thoms Run Road.
Work involves replacing the bridge, which carries the road over Thoms Run, along with roadway and drainage improvements.
The detour is Prestley Road, Route 50 and Millers Run Road. More than 4,000 vehicles use the bridge daily. The bridge is expected to reopen in late November.
The project is part of a $1.6 million contract with Independent Enterprises Inc. of Oakdale that also involves replacing the bridge that carries Prestley Road over Chartiers Creek. That work is scheduled next year.
Lane restrictions have been imposed on Route 51 due to a $1.4 million project to repair a slide on Route 51 (Island Avenue) near Municipal Street/Kennedy Lane.
The project includes excavation, repair and resurfacing on Route 51 in the slide area.
Traffic has been restricted to a single lane and will continue in that pattern through late October. Temporary traffic signals will be used to control traffic.
In addition, Municipal Street/Kennedy Lane will be closed between Route 51 and Stowe Avenue. Traffic will be detoured using Orr Street.
Independent Enterprises Inc. is the primary contractor for the project. Overall work will conclude later this year.