Fire in Oakdale apartment building displaces 18

Share with others:

Print Email Read Later

A power line sparked a fire at an Oakdale apartment building early today that displaced the 18 people who lived tehre.

Chief Jim Lauria said the fire was reported at 2:18 a.m. when a hot wire running from a transformer came in contact with the roof, sparking a blaze that quickly spread across the three-story, six-unit apartment building. All of the residents made it out safely as fire crews arrived on scene.

It took four fire companies two hours to put out the blaze, which burned through the roof and top floor and caused significant water damage to the second floor. Chief Lauria said it appeared the structure was totaled.

The Red Cross assisted the 18 residents displaced by the fire.

breaking - neigh_west

Moriah Balingit: or 412-263-2533.


Create a free PG account.
Already have an account?