Road repair projects will mean traffic restrictions on many West roads during the next week. Here's a roundup of some projects:
There will be traffic restrictions this week during maintenance by state Department of Transportation crews on these Beaver County roads:
• Bradys Run Road, Brighton and Patterson -- Drainage repairs between Constitution Boulevard and Groscost Road.
• Brodhead Road, Aliquippa and Hopewell -- Patching between Mill Street and the Allegheny County border.
• Constitution Boulevard (Route 51), Aliquippa, Center and Monaca -- Sweeping between the Allegheny County border and Pennsylvania Avenue.
• Fairlane Boulevard, Big Beaver and Koppel -- Patching between River and New Galilee roads.
• Freedom Crider Road, New Sewickley -- Patching between Harvey Run and Dunlap Hill roads.
• Hardins Run Road, Hanover and Raccoon -- Shoulder cutting between Hookstown-Frankfort Road and the West Virginia border.
• Independence Road, Independence and Hopewell -- Patching between Mill Street and Gringo-Independence Road.
• Lovi Road, New Sewickley and Economy -- Patching between Freedom Crider and Conway-Wallrose roads.
• Lovi Road, New Sewickley -- Drainage repairs between Land Wood Lane and Steel School Road.
• McKinley Road, Big Beaver and Chippewa -- Patching between Constitution Boulevard and Wallace Run Road.
• Mill Street and Kennedy Boulevard, Hopewell and Aliquippa -- Sweeping between Green Garden and Monaca roads.
• Pleasant Hill Road, Hanover -- Shoulder cutting between Lincoln Highway (Route 30) and Hanover-Kendall Road.
A $1.3 million project to replace the bridge that carries Wildwood Road over Bradys Run will begin 7 a.m. Monday and continue through mid-November.
The project will replace the T-beam bridge with a new structure including minor approach roadway work and other improvements.
The bridge is near the intersection with Route 51 (Constitution Boulevard).
Wildwood will close at the intersection with Route 51. Traffic will be rerouted onto Route 51 and Bradys Run and Park/Dutch Ridge roads.
Traffic on Route 51 will be shifted away from the work area onto the shoulders.
Temporary barriers will separate work areas from traffic.
About 1,285 vehicles use Wildwood Road on an average day.
A $950,031 project to im-prove Route 151 (Bocktown Road) will begin weather permitting Tuesday, May 29.
Milling and resurfacing, base repairs and other improvements have restricted traffic to a single lane on about five miles of Route 151 (Bocktown Road) between Plunket Road in Independence and Stone Quarry Road in Hopewell.
The restrictions are in place from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays. Friday work may occur if necessary due to weather through late July. Lindy Paving of New Castle is the prime contractor.
A $1.2 million project will begin at 7 a.m. Monday to replace a bridge that carries Brodhead Road over Flaugherty Run .
The project will replace an I-beam bridge and make minor roadway work and other improvements in the bridge area just west of Flaugherty Run Road.
The prime contractor is the Golden Triangle Construction Company, Inc. of Imperial.
Traffic in the bridge area will be reduced to a single 12-footwide lane. Temporary signals will control stop-and-go traffic. Barriers will separate traffic from the work area.
Due to the 12-foot width restriction, trucks will be rerouted (from Beaver County) onto Route 151, Route 51, Flaughtery Run and Brodhead.
Traffic will remain in this pattern through mid-November.
About 7,790 vehicles use this area of Brodhead Road on an average day. Average daily truck volume is 490.Transportation - neigh_west
First Published May 31, 2012 5:45 AM