Three families are being relocated temporarily after a fire at a McKeesport apartment building this morning revealed other safety concerns, police said.
A candle lit a curtain on fire around 2:45 a.m. at the four-unit apartment building in the 900-block of Union Avenue, said McKeesport police Capt. Tim Hanna.
The blaze, which he said was not suspicious, was contained to the bathroom.
"During the course of the investigation, the fire department came across some wiring issues and some other safety issues inside the building," he said.
The American Red Cross of Southwestern Pennsylvania helped seven adults and one child with food and shelter until the safety hazards can be fixed, police said.
Molly Born: firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-263-1944 or on Twitter @borntolede.