Oakland blaze caused by faulty wiring, Pittsburgh Fire Bureau finds

Share with others:

Print Email Read Later

A Friday morning apartment fire in Oakland that left two dozen displaced was caused by bad wiring in the basement ceiling, the Pittsburgh Fire Bureau said this morning.

Investigators estimate the damage at 519 Zulema St., and the neighboring buildings where the five-alarm blaze spread, at $350,000. Two buildings were destroyed and a third was damaged.

No injuries were reported but one firefighter suffered a minor injury, fire officials said.

On Friday, 18 were receiving aid from the local chapter of the American Red Cross and others were making arrangements with help from friends and the University of Pittsburgh.

mobilehome - neigh_city - breaking

Molly Born: mborn@post-gazette.com, 412-263-1944 and on Twitter: @borntolede.


Create a free PG account.
Already have an account?