Mayor Luke Ravenstahl will be part of a ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning marking the second phase of construction of condominiums in the renovated St. Michael the Archangel Church at 1 Pius St. on the South Side Slopes.
The original St. Michael Church was built in 1861, and the rectory was built in 1890. As part of a reorganization of the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh, it was closed in 1992. The religious items were removed and the church now houses 17 condominium units ranging in price from $259,000 to $627,000.
Mr. Ravenstahl has hailed the units -- called the Angel's Arms -- as another example of investment and redevelopment in urban living. The developer, Tom Tripoli, will make tours of the model unit available after the 10:30 a.m. ceremony.