The Westmoreland County coroner's office identified the man killed in a fire at his Salem home Sunday night as John Lomack, 63.
Firefighters found him inside the kitchen of his home on Coal Hollow Road, according to a state police press release.
He died from carbon monoxide poisoning and burns, according to the coroner’s office, which said his was the first fire-related death in Westmoreland County this year.
Emergency dispatchers received the call that the house was burning shortly before 9:15 p.m.
The state police fire marshal will investigate the fire's cause.
Barnhart Funeral Home in Greensburg will handle funeral arrangements.
Lexi Belculfine contributed.
First Published December 16, 2013 7:11 AM