Monessen woman may have succumbed to CO poisoning

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

A 77-year-old Monessen woman may have been exposed to lethal levels of carbon monoxide after using a gas oven to dry her clothing, according to the Westmoreland County coroner's office.

Authorities responded to Sandra Y. Troilo's apartment this morning after family members discovered she wasn't breathing, according to a press release. When emergency personnel arrived, their personal carbon monoxide detectors were activated.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

The cause of death is still pending and the coroner's office will run toxicology tests to determine her carbon monoxide level, according to the release.

mobilehome - breaking - neigh_westmoreland

Molly Born: mborn@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1944


Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here