West Allegheny Work Camp
Findlay, North Fayette and Oakdale — Applications for home repairs are being accepted for the West Allegheny Workcamp the week of June 22-28.
Labor and materials are free to qualifying households. Work may include painting, porch repair, wheelchair ramp construction, winterization or other weeklong projects that youth are able to complete.
More than 400 teens from around the country, and their adult leaders, are being deployed on a mission trip to do basic home improvements for low-income, elderly and disabled residents of the West Allegheny School District — in Findlay, North Fayette and Oakdale — and surrounding communities within 10 miles of North Fayette, such as McDonald, South Fayette and Moon.
The camp is affiliated with the West Allegheny Ministerial Association and is sponsored by Heroes Supporting Heroes, a group of veterans and local citizens helping military spouses with home repair and maintenance.
To apply for a project — or to donate money, supplies or time — email Don Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412- 235-1737, visit www.westaworkcamp.org, visit the “WestAWorkcamp” Facebook page, or send a letter to West Allegheny Workcamp, P.O. Box 787, Imperial PA 15126.
Roadwork will restrict traffic
Beaver County — There will be traffic restrictions this week during maintenance by state Department of Transportation crews on these Beaver County roads:
• Blackhawk Road, Chippewa — shoulder improvements between the Ohio border and Old Blackhawk Road.
• Braden School Road, Chippewa — crack sealing between Constitution Boulevard and Darlington Road.
• Constitution Boulevard in Chippewa, Bridgewater, Fallston, Patterson — crack sealing between Bridgewater and Braden School Road.
• Constitution Boulevard, South Heights — crack sealing between Route 151 and Franklin Avenue.
• Freedom Crider Road, New Sewickley and Freedom — patching between the Butler County line and Route 65.
• Green Garden Road, Raccoon — guiderail repairs between Frankfort and Todd roads.
• Interstate 376, Hopewell and Chippewa — patching between the Allegheny County border and the toll booths in Chippewa.
• Lovi Road, New Sewickley and Economy — patching between Golden Grove and Freedom Crider roads.
• Route 18, Monaca — patching between Old Broadhead Road and Pennsylvania Avenue.
• Route 65 — patching in various locations between the Allegheny County line and Router 51.
• Route 588, Marion — drainage improvements between Pine Run Road and the Butler County line.
• Valley Road, Darlington — drainage improvements between Cannelton and Taggart roads.
Awards for airport corridor
Moon — The Airport Corridor Transportation Association, a nonprofit organization working on travel options and economic development, recently honored individuals and organizations for improving mobility for those who live and work in the airport corridor:
• Improving mobility — Heritage Community Initiatives.
• Supporting ACTA initiatives: Robinson Township commissioners
• Community partner: state legislator delegation
• Improving access for airport corridor commuters: Toby Fauver, PennDOT Deputy Secretary for Local and Area Transportation
• Outstanding ACTA member: Allegheny County Airport Authority
• Lifetime achievement award: Ray Hack
Old Economy Village seeking vendors
Ambridge — Old Economy Village is offering an opportunity for garden clubs, garden centers, businesses, and vendors during its annual garden mart from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. May 17. The event will coincide with the spring garden workshop.
The village is looking for vendors to sell their plants and products during the garden mart. The cost to participate is $25 for a 12-foot by 12-foot space, which includes a table and two chairs. Vendors may bring their own pop-up tent. Registration deadline is May 12.
Information or to register for a space: Mary DeMars, at 724-266-4500 ext. 114 or email@example.com.
The garden workshop will feature speakers in the granary building. Cost is $44 for the full-day program for Friends of Old Economy Village Members and $55 for others. The cost per session is $13 for Friends members and $15 for others.
Information: 724-266-4500, extension 120 or www.oldeconomyvillage.org.