A major construction project will cause restrictions and road and ramp closures along Route 837 in Clairton, West Elizabeth and Jefferson Hills starting today, PennDOT announced.
The work is at the interchange with Route 51 north of the Elizabeth Bridge.
These traffic changes are part of the project and will be in place around the clock through mid-July:
Route 837 will be narrowed to one 10-foot lane in both directions from Burnett Street to St. Clair Street in Clairton.
Southbound Route 837 will be closed at the interchange with Route 51 and traffic will detour using the on-ramp to Route 51 and the ramp from Route 51 back to Route 837. Northbound Route 837 will remain open.
The ramp from northbound Route 837 to southbound Route 51 will be closed, as will the southbound Route 51 ramp to northbound Route 837.
PennDOT has posted these detours:
• Northbound Route 837 on-ramp to southbound Route 51
• Continue on northbound Route 837 to St. Clair Avenue (Route 2028)
• Left turn onto St. Clair Avenue
• Follow St. Clair Avenue to Desiderio Boulevard
• Left turn onto Desiderio Boulevard
• Desiderio Boulevard becomes Ridge Road
• Left turn onto the on-ramp to southbound Route 51
• End detour
• Southbound Route 51 off-ramp to northbound Route 837 (Ramp D)
• Continue on Route 51 south
• Take the Elizabeth Exit
• Follow Market Street to Third Street
• Turn right onto Third Street
• Turn right onto the northbound Route 51 on-ramp
• Take exit to northbound Route 837 (Exit sign reads "837 North Clairton")
• End detourmobilehome - breaking - region - Transportation - neigh_south
Jon Schmitz: firstname.lastname@example.org, 412-263-1868 and on Twitter: @pgtraffic.