Indiana County fire victims overcome by carbon monoxide, coroner says

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

Three people killed Sunday in a mobile-home fire in Indiana County died from carbon monoxide toxicity, Coroner Jerry L. Overman Jr. said today.

Mr. Overman said the fire that killed Shawn Marsh, 28, Nicole Novak, 27, and Gabriella Novak, 9, appeared to be accidental, but he is still consulting with investigators before making a final determination.

The three were trapped in a rear bedroom.

Mr. Overman's office is still awaiting information on the carbon monoxide levels inside the trailer.

Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.


Join the conversation:

Commenting policy | How to report abuse
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to socialmedia@post-gazette.com and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner. Thank you.
Commenting policy | How to report abuse

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here