Latrobe — Latrobe Art Center, 819 Ligonier St., will hold the following classes. Registration: 724-537-7011.
• "Colors That Evoke Emotion," watercolor workshop w/ Bill Perry, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday. Cost: $60, $50 for members.
• "Pop the Cork," with an Irish theme, 6 to 8 p.m. next Thursday. Cost: $35, $20 for members.
Greensburg — The Westmoreland Cultural Trust, in conjunction with Elko Concerts, will present Abba Mania at 8 p.m. tonight at the Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St. Tickets: $37 and $45; 724-836-8000.
Upper Burrell — Penn State University will hold the following workshops from 9 a.m. to noon March 22 except where indicated on its New Kensington campus, 2550 Seventh St. Road. Cost: $35 except where indicated. Register by Wednesday. Information: 724-334-6010.
• Soccer camp, 9 to 11 a.m. Cost: $25.
• "Adventures in Paint, Pencil & Ink," drawing class for grades 2-5.
• "Wild, Wacky Worms," includes composting container.
• "Eco-Friendly Cosmetics for Girls" for grades 6-8.
Hempfield — The University of Pittsburgh will hold its monthly written/spoken reading at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Fireside Lounge on its Greensburg campus, 150 Finoli Drive. On the program are poets Lorraine Doran, Nicole Callihan and James Tolan, all from New York City, and Pittsburgh fiction writer and Braddock Avenue Books publisher Jeffrey Condran. Keegan Love, senior English writing major at Pitt-Greensburg, will open. Information: 724-836-7741.
Unity — The Westmoreland County Historical Society will present the following lectures. Reservations: 724-532-1935.
• "Automobiles, Trucks and Infernal Vehicles," 7 p.m. Tuesday with speaker Glenn Smeltzer.
• "Tracing Your Irish and Scots-Irish Ancestors," 1 to 4 p.m. next Thursday with speakers Fintan Mullan and Gillian Hunt from the Ulster Historical Foundation in Northern Ireland. Cost: $30, $25 for members. Register by Monday.
Allegheny Township — Kiski Area High School, 240 Hyde Park Road, will present "Tarzan: The Stage Musical" at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday through March 22 in the auditorium. Cost: $6 on Wednesday; $8 all other days. Reservations: 724-845-8181, ext. 5140.
Greensburg — The Westmoreland Cultural Trust will present "The Church Basement Ladies — A Mighty Fortress Is Our Basement" at 3 p.m. Sunday at the Palace Theatre, 21 W. Otterman St. Tickets: $24 and $28, with a $5 discount for groups of six or more. Information: 724-836-8000.
Monroeville — Monroeville Public Library, 4000 Gateway Campus Blvd., will sponsor the inaugural performance by its Readers Theater Presents group from 7 to 8:30 p.m. next Thursday in the library's Gallery Space. The group will perform "The Thing" and act three of "Plaza Suite." Information: 412-372-0500, ext. 4.
To include your event, send details with a daytime phone number to: Rick Nowlin, c/o Eastscape, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 34 Blvd. of the Allies, Pittsburgh 15222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All information must be received two weeks before the publication date. No attachments, please. First Published March 6, 2014 12:00 AM