N. Huntingdon official, 2 others charged in road-rage incident

Share with others:

Print Email Read Later

A North Huntingdon commissioner is one of three people who are being charged in connection with an argument last week stemming from a road-rage incident.

One summary count of disorderly conduct has been approved against Commissioner David Herold, 57, after a review by the office of Westmoreland County District Attorney John Peck, North Huntingdon police Chief Andrew Lisiecki said Friday.

An Irwin couple will be charged with striking Mr. Herold's son, Jonathan, 23, during the Oct. 18 row outside the Circleville Volunteer Fire Department.

Jeffrey Rebosky, 48, is being charged with driving under the influence, simple assault, disorderly conduct and harassment, Chief Lisiecki said. Mr. Rebosky's wife, Amy, is being charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct.

Chief Lisiecki said the officer on the case had prepared the paperwork to be brought to the office of District Judge Douglas R. Weimer so summonses could be mailed. But the court office had no record of the charges late Friday afternoon.

The incident began when Mr. Herold and his son were driving westbound behind the Reboskys around 6:30 p.m. on Route 30.

Mr. Rebosky was at the wheel in the passing lane near Clay Pike Road, and his sport utility vehicle was weaving and going slowly, according to the chief.

"He did admit to the officer while being transported that he had a couple of beers," Chief Lisiecki said.

Jonathan Herold, who was driving, passed the Reboskys and got back into the passing lane in preparation for a left-hand turn to the fire department.

"The other driver took it upon himself to pass them and then jammed on the brakes," Chief Lisiecki said.

Mr. Rebosky eventually followed the Herolds into the fire department parking lot "where an altercation ensued," the chief said.

Both sides argued with one another and each claimed they were attacked.

The chief said the Reboskys and Mr. Herold uttered "fighting words."

Chief Lisiecki said Mr. Rebosky punched Jonathan Herold in the mouth and then his wife did the same.

"I think the kid was doing the right thing and saying, 'Let's not even get involved in this.' He was trying to tell the other people to leave. They were basically the instigators. They followed the Herolds into the fire department parking lot. They should have went straight on 30 when the Herolds turned."

The chief brought the case to Mr. Peck's attention.

"He was looking for someone else's counsel about it because there was a township commissioner involved in the incident," Mr. Peck said.

Neither the Herolds nor the Reboskys could be reached for comment.

Jonathan D. Silver: jsilver@post-gazette.com, 412-263-1962.

Join the conversation:

Commenting policy | How to report abuse
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to socialmedia@post-gazette.com and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner. Thank you.
Commenting policy | How to report abuse


Create a free PG account.
Already have an account?