Propane tank explodes inside Lawrenceville garage


Pittsburgh firefighters said three people were injured when a propane tank exploded inside a Lawrenceville garage this afternoon.

The explosion was reported shortly after noon at 301 42nd St.

City fire Battalion Chief John Walsh said the three were taken to West Penn Hospital for treatment. He said the three were walking and appeared not to have suffered serious injuries.

The door of the garage was visibly bowed outward, and firefighters carried two propane tanks out of the structure. The interior of the building showed no signs of fire damage.


Peter Smith: petersmith@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1416.

Join the conversation:

Commenting policy | How to report abuse
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to socialmedia@post-gazette.com and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner. Thank you.
Commenting policy | How to report abuse

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here