Oakland blaze caused by faulty wiring, Pittsburgh Fire Bureau finds

Share with others:


Print Email Read Later

A Friday morning apartment fire in Oakland that left two dozen displaced was caused by bad wiring in the basement ceiling, the Pittsburgh Fire Bureau said this morning.

Investigators estimate the damage at 519 Zulema St., and the neighboring buildings where the five-alarm blaze spread, at $350,000. Two buildings were destroyed and a third was damaged.

No injuries were reported but one firefighter suffered a minor injury, fire officials said.

On Friday, 18 were receiving aid from the local chapter of the American Red Cross and others were making arrangements with help from friends and the University of Pittsburgh.

mobilehome - neigh_city - breaking

Molly Born: mborn@post-gazette.com, 412-263-1944 and on Twitter: @borntolede.


Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You have 2 remaining free articles this month

Try unlimited digital access

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here

You’ve reached the limit of free articles this month.

To continue unlimited reading

If you are an existing subscriber,
link your account for free access. Start here