On Saturday, May 2, Children's Hospital will move from its longtime home in Oakland into a new facility in Lawrenceville.
In this user's guide, the Post-Gazette explores the new facility, its history, features and highlights through stories, photos, videos and graphics, with a reader forum where you can share your own impressions.
Design elements combine to put patients, parents at ease
Officials, architects and designers of the new 1.5 million-square-foot Children's Hospital campus intended to create a facility for children and their families that -- almost -- feels like home.
- PG video: Design of the new Children's Hospital
- PG video: Impressions of a healing environment
- PG gallery: Photos of the new hospital
- PG map: Getting there
- PG graphic: Campus layout, buildings in .pdf format 1.3MB version | 5MB
- PG graphic: Creating a homelike environment
Reader forum: Share your thoughts about the new hospital