The ToonSeum has written the next chapter in why Pittsburgh is Geek City, USA. The Downtown museum dedicated to the art of cartooning has announced a nine-week "Geeks Rule!" series, with activities designed to help Pittsburghers channel their inner geeks.
The schedule (all events begin at 7:30 p.m.; for ages 21 and up):
• Dr. Sketchy: Geek Your Heart Out (Oct. 4) -- A quick-fire drawing class, and there may be prizes when you're done.
• Toons & Brews (Oct. 18) -- Sample brewery beer during a basic cartooning class.
• Yoda Yoga (Nov. 1) -- Participate in beginning yoga class.
• Geek and Tell (Nov. 15) -- Bring your geekiest or most hilarious prized possession, and bring a really good story, too.
• Guess the Geek Trivia Night! (Nov. 29) -- Win the title Master of Geeks!
• Geek to the Future (Dec. 13) -- Tarot card readers, astrologers and palm readers. Also, futuristic shows from the past will transport you Back to the Future.
• Geek Wrap Up Post-Prom Party (Dec. 21) -- Get into your most garish dress or suit and cheer all your fellow geeks at this post-prom afterparty.
Other events include Geek Speed Dating and Fashionably Geek. Tickets: $10 for each event, or $75 for all ($60 for ToonSeum members), at geeks-rule.eventbrite.com. More at toonseum.org or 412-232-0199.lifestyle