Everyone wants to sparkle during the holiday season, when festive events call for festive looks. A host of new beauty products can help to extend the glow and even make great gifts. Here are some of our favorites:
1. The first step to any great face is a treatment regimen that will work overtime. Algenist uses alguronic acid, a compound responsible for regenerating microalgae cells in the sea, as the key ingredient. It's been getting raves for its significant anti-aging properties. The Algenist Firming Collection includes Retinol Firming & Lifting Serum, Firming & Lifting Cream and Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser. The gift set is $98 at Sephora.
2. Winter skin is prone to many problems, and there's a tube of Clinique Superprimer Face Primer for every one. Applied before foundation but after moisturizer, the six primers tackle complexion concerns including redness, dullness, discolorations and sallowness, and the universal primer creates a smooth canvas for problem-free skin. They're $27 at Clinique counters and clinique.com
3. The eyes have it any time of year, and with "The Essentials" Eye Palette from Clarins, there's a color for every occasion. The palette features 10 mineral eye shadows in beige, taupe and brown shades, and 93 percent of the raw materials used in the mineral and plant-based formulas are of natural origin. A double-ended brush made of birch wood from sustainable forests, recycled aluminum and cruelty free natural pony hair is included in the pretty gift box. The palette is $45 at Clarins counters and on Clarins.com.
4. "The Metallics" is Estee Lauder's Pure Color Collection for the holiday season, and it's filled with sparkle. There's Vivid Shine Lipstick, Instant Intense Eye Shadow Trio and the totally rocking Nail Lacquer in shades like Brushed Gold, Steel Orchid, Chocolate Foil and Chrome Violet ($20). The look is luscious molten metal. At Estee Lauder counters or Esteelauder.com
5. Aerin by Aerin Lauder has just introduced a new fragrance collection based on "emotion, lifestyle and aspiration." The five fragrances are light but lasting and smell as fresh as their names: Evening Rose, Lilac Path, Ikat Jasmine, Amber Musk and Gardenia Rattan. The pretty stone bottle toppers are a bonus. Each is $110 at Esteelauder.com and Aerin.com.
6. What holiday would be complete without a tube of perfect red lipstick? Lancome has just the one. Rouge Etincelle, a reissue of a 1955 heritage lipstick, is a luminous red lip color brought back in limited quantities. Encased in luxe Swarovski crystal, it's a great stocking stuffer. Available exclusively at lancome.com for $75.