• Sonic Boom for the iPhone 5 -- An adjustable armband for the iPhone is ideal while working out. A clear, protective window allows control of the phone while stowed, and you can store a single key in the tiny pocket. $30. Available at Fleet Feet Pittsburgh.
• Aerial silks training and SWAG Fitness -- Aerial silks training at Pittsburgh Dance Center in Bloomfield is a great gift for a friend who wants to get adventurous in her workout routine. $20 per class, Mondays and Wednesdays. For something cheaper you can do together, "Sweating With a Goal" hip-hop dance classes attract a wide range of folks. $5 per person, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 412-681-0111.
(Click image for larger version)
• yurbud Inspire sport headphones -- Looking for headphones that don't hurt and won't fall out in the middle of a workout? They're sweat- and water-resistant and perfect for doing squats -- while trying to take your mind off doing squats. $29.99. Also in a women's model. Available at Target.
• Healthy Foods for Life cooking class -- A neat idea for the fitness buff who also focuses on healthful eating, Dorothy Hague's Chop, WOK & Talk cooking school offers monthly Healthy Foods courses, $40 each, through April. Pictured is a gluten-free vegetable spring roll made with a rice paper wrap, part of the Healthy Asian class. 412-362-0679 or www.chopwoktalk.com. Classes are held in Bloomfield/Friendship.
• Nishiki Women's Breeze cycling shorts -- These shorts contain "moisture management" fabric that transfers moisture away from the skin to keep you dry. And they are padded, which is great for spin class. $35. Available at Dick's Sporting Goods.
• A sports massage -- Designed for athletes, sports massages are also useful for people with chronic pain, injury or range-of-motion issues. All About Massage and Wellness founder and licensed massage therapist Scott Korb charges $85 an hour. 412-420-7183.
• Jade Microfiber Yoga Towel -- Made in Pennsylvania, these towels can soak up six times their weight in water and dry incredibly fast. Through its partnership with http://thewaterproject.org/, Jade will provide a month's worth of clean drinking water for one person in the developing world for every towel sold. $34.95. Available at REI, BYS Yoga.
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner.