• Until they earn the corner office, help them maximize — and customize — their work space. Monitor stands elevate computers to the optimal height to prevent neck strain. Many also include built-in drawers and compartments for extra storage. $49.99; Office Max, www.officemax.com.
• Eating out can be costly — and unhealthy. Make lots of food in little time with the “Week in a Day” cookbook by Rachael Ray. It offers recipes and tips for how to make in one day meals to last for the week, eliminating the need to slave over a stove after a long day in the office. $22; www.qvc.com, 888-345-5788.
• If space is lacking at home or at work, make the most of it with Urbio organizers. These containers in an assortment of styles and sizes magnetize to plates that are screwed to the wall. Containers can be positioned in a variety of ways and are ideal for organizing supplies in a home office or adding an indoor garden to a starter house or apartment. $75 for a starter set (two wall plates and three containers); www.myurbio.com.
(Click image for larger version)
• All stress and no rest can hinder success. Make sure budding professionals get the relaxation they need to stay sharp with a portable massager. HoMedics’ massage cushion fits into a chair and is equipped with air compression and shiatsu features for ultimate comfort. $199.99; Bed Bath & Beyond, www.bedbathandbeyond.com.
• Tote electronics around in style in a briefcase with pockets specifically designed for keeping laptops and tablets safe. The Royce cowhide briefcase from Brookstone also can be personalized with the initials of the executive-in-the-making. $270; www.brookstone.com.
• Elevate her style so she’s the belle of the boardroom. Apparel from The Limited is conservative and professional, yet stylish and modern. They also can be mixed with other pieces in her closet, or dressed up with fun jewelry and a clutch for an after-work outing. www.thelimited.com.
• Help him make a statement as soon as he enters the room with clothes that are a fresh take on conservative office attire. The Gap x GQ Bespoken collaboration offers modern interpretations of classic wardrobe staples, such as the Oxford shrunken collar shirt. $44.99; Gap, www.gap.com.
• A caffeine fix is sometimes essential for those climbing the corporate ladder. Make sure their coffee pot never runs dry with a monthly MistoBox subscription for artisan coffee. Plans and prices vary, but for $19 per month receive four 1.7-ounce bags of whole-bean coffee from roasters across the country. www.mistobox.com.
To report inappropriate comments, abuse and/or repeat offenders, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and include a link to the article and a copy of the comment. Your report will be reviewed in a timely manner.