Here are a dozen places to visit in Downtown/Strip District, East End, South Side and South Hills for the best tacos in Pittsburgh.
Some of the region’s farmers markets have yet to have their opening days, but they will this week, including:
• Corry [Erie County] Farm Market, at City Park, opens Friday, June 27, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays through October.
• Kiski [Armstrong County] Farmers Market and More, at 1036 Route 56 East, opens Saturday and runs 9 a.m. until noon Saturdays through September.
• St. Marys [Elk County] Farmers Market,at 32 S. St. Marys St., opens Saturday and runs 9 to 11 a.m. Saturdays to Oct. 11.
• Erie’s Little Italy Farmers Market, in the St. Paul lot at 453 W. 16th St., opens Monday and runs 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays through September (but is closed Aug. 4 and 11).
• Butler Farmers Market, at 205 S. Chestnut St., starts its 2 to 6 p.m. Wednesday hours next week; it already has been open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays and keeps going through October.
Find farmers markets all across the region, all season long, on our newly updated interactive map and list at post-gazette.com/farmersmarkets.
Bob Batz Jr.: firstname.lastname@example.org and 412-263-1930 and on Twitter @bobbatzjr.