Robert Chambers Jr. first opened the joint in Homewood in the late 1980s and moved it to this roadside spot a decade ago.
Some of the region’s farmers markets have yet to have their opening days, but they will this week, including:
• Corry [Erie County] Farm Market, at City Park, opens Friday, June 27, and runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays through October.
• Kiski [Armstrong County] Farmers Market and More, at 1036 Route 56 East, opens Saturday and runs 9 a.m. until noon Saturdays through September.
• St. Marys [Elk County] Farmers Market,at 32 S. St. Marys St., opens Saturday and runs 9 to 11 a.m. Saturdays to Oct. 11.
• Erie’s Little Italy Farmers Market, in the St. Paul lot at 453 W. 16th St., opens Monday and runs 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays through September (but is closed Aug. 4 and 11).
• Butler Farmers Market, at 205 S. Chestnut St., starts its 2 to 6 p.m. Wednesday hours next week; it already has been open 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays and keeps going through October.
Find farmers markets all across the region, all season long, on our newly updated interactive map and list at post-gazette.com/farmersmarkets.
Bob Batz Jr.: email@example.com and 412-263-1930 and on Twitter @bobbatzjr.