Sewickley Academy seniors Amy Cheng and Jappman Monga won their second consecutive WPIAL Class AA tennis doubles title Thursday, defeating Beaver's Moriah Bridges and Mattie Taylor, 6-2, 6-2, at North Allegheny High School.
Cheng and Monga became the first Class AA team to repeat since Meghan Stubblebine and Patty Kaczmarek of Bishop Canevin did it in 2003-04.
"It's a great honor and we're proud to be back a second year to do it," Cheng said. "And it's our last year, so it means everything."
In Class AAA, Fox Chapel sophomores Laurel Shymansky and Lacey Cohen claimed the title by defeating North Allegheny's Maddy Adams and Anna Li, 7-5, 6-4.
• Angelo Reed passed for 308 yards and two touchdowns to lead Brashear (3-3, 2-1) to a 35-0 win against Carrick (0-6, 0-3) in a City League game at Cupples Stadium. Reed completed 11 of 20 passes and threw touchdowns to Ryan Mandarino (65 yards) and Meliek Hemingway (50 yards). Ty Powe rushed for 92 yards and three touchdowns for Brashear, which has won two games in a row.
• Corey Williams scored midway through the second overtime to push Plum (4-8-2, 3-7) to a 2-1 win at Woodland Hills (2-9-1, 2-8-1) in Class AAA Section 3.
• Zackery Bednar scored the final of his three goals with 6:20 left to give host Mount Pleasant (8-4-1, 6-3-1) a 4-3 win against Burrell (9-4, 7-2) in Class AA Section 1.
• Ben Andrews had two goals and an assist for host Knoch (9-3-4, 7-1-2) in a 4-1 win against visiting Highlands (4-8-1, 2-7-1) in Class AA Section 2.
• Brian Coyne's hat trick vaulted Class AA No. 3 South Fayette (13-1-1, 8-1-1) to a 6-0 Section 5 win at Obama Academy (5-7, 4-7).
• Christian Bolanos scored three goals and Class A No. 5 Vincentian (10-1-3, 6-0-1) rolled to a 6-0 win at St. Joseph (4-9-2, 2-5-1) in Section 2. Vincentian has given up only one goal in section play.
• Christian Snyder scored his 10th goal of the season midway through the second half to help Riverview (8-4-1, 7-1-1) earn a 1-0 win at Aquinas Academy (5-3-3, 4-2-2) in Class A, Section 2.
• Beth-Center's Aaron Ankney scored with 15 minutes remaining to give the Bulldogs (9-3, 8-2) a 2-1 win at Monessen (9-3, 6-3) in Class A Section 4.
• Brothers Tyler and Aaron Harris scored four goals apiece for McGuffey (11-4, 9-2) in a 10-1 triumph at Uniontown (1-10, 1-8) in Class AA Section 6.
• Tyler Grebur's hat trick propelled Class A No. 4 Serra Catholic (11-2-1, 8-0-1) to a 4-0 win at Trinity Christian (1-13-1, 1-7-1) in Section 1. Grebur has scored 21 goals this season.
• James Ewing and Bailey McIntyre scored three goals apiece and host Geibel Catholic (9-2-2, 7-0-2) remained unbeaten in Class A, Section 4 after an 8-0 win against California (4-8-1, 3-6-1). Ewing (17) and McIntyre (14) have combined for 31 goals.
• Theresa Scheiffarth scored two goals and Class AAA No. 1 Fox Chapel (13-1, 10-0) won its 11th game in a row, 3-1 against visiting Penn Hills (6-8, 4-6) in Section 3.
• Amber Fichter scored each of her five goals in the first 16 minutes of the game to lead Class AA No. 1 Mars (13-0-2, 12-0) to a 8-0 win at Indiana (5-11, 2-10) in Section 2.
• Becca Mox's goal in the first overtime lifted Class A No. 4 Bishop Canevin (11-2-1, 9-1) to a 1-0 win at Vincentian (9-4, 8-3) in Section 3.
• Fox Chapel (15-0) finished the regular season undefeated after a 194-202 win against North Allegheny in a non-section match at the Pittsburgh Field Club. Fox Chapel's David Rice shot an even-par 36.
• Eli Dumane-Schutz scored in overtime to lift Winchester Thurston to a 3-2 Class AA win at Greensburg Central Catholic.