Greensburg Central Catholic showed again Wednesday why it's the prohibitive favorite to repeat as WPIAL Class A champion in girls soccer.
Frannie Crouse scored five goals and Malea Fabean added a hat trick to lead the No. 1 Centurions (10-1, 9-0) to an 8-2 home victory against No. 2 Shady Side Academy (10-3, 8-2) in Section 4.
In nine games against Class A competition, the Centurions have outscored opponents, 83-9.
Fabean and Crouse have led the way, and the two seniors etched their names in the record books against the Indians.
Crouse's five goals moved her into first place on the school's all-time list with 168 for her career.
The old record belonged to 2008 graduate Nicole Petrillo, who finished her career with 167.
Crouse and Fabean added two assists each in the win. The two assists gave Fabean 101 for her career. She is the first player in the program's history to reach 100 goals and 100 assists.
Other top girls games
• Riley Partyka scored off a corner kick in the 47th minute to give Class AAA No. 2 Peters Township (12-3, 8-0) a 1-0 victory against visiting Chartiers Valley (11-3, 5-3) in Section 5.
• Visiting Bishop Canevin (10-2-1, 8-1-0) knocked off Class A No. 3 Avonworth (11-3, 9-2), 1-0, in Section 3 as Julianne Hart scored on a penalty kick in overtime.
• Katie Felitsky scored with 17:30 remaining to lift Hampton (8-6, 6-4) to a 2-1 victory against visiting Pine-Richland (8-4-2, 5-3-1) in Class AAA Section 2.
• Belle Vernon (10-2, 8-1) got a first-half goal from Hayden Pascoe in a 1-0 victory against host McGuffey (3-6-1, 2-6-1) in Class AA Section 4.
• Maya Watkins scored her third goal of the game just before the final horn to give New Brighton (6-6-1, 6-4-0) a 4-3 win against host Quigley Catholic (4-9-1, 2-8-1) in Class A Section 1.
• Karly Judy scored four goals, including the winner with four minutes left, to give Geibel Catholic (2-11, 1-9) its first Class A Section 4 win, 4-3, against visiting St. Joseph (2-12, 2-7).
• Greer Monahan reached the 30-goal mark for the season after netting a hat trick in an 8-1 victory for Class AA No. 1 Quaker Valley (15-0, 11-0) against visiting Obama Academy (1-11-1, 0-10-1) in Section 5.
• Megan Sieg moved into third on Serra Catholic's all-time scoring list after netting four goals in a 7-0 win for the Eagles (9-4, 5-4) against host Monessen (0-11, 0-10) in Class A Section 2. Sieg has 62 goals for her career.
• Central Valley defender Ashley Mutkus scored three goals, one on a free kick and two off corner kicks, in a 6-1 victory for the Class AA No. 2 Warriors (11-0, 8-0) against host Beaver (6-7-1, 3-5-1) in Section 3.
• Defending WPIAL Class AA doubles champions Jappman Monga and Amy Cheng of Sewickley Academy will try for their second consecutive title today after winning two matches Wednesday. The Panthers duo will face Beaver Area's Moriah Bridges and Mattie Taylor in the final.
• In Class AAA, the top-seeded pair of Maddy Adams and Anna Li of North Allegheny will play second-seeded duo Laurel Shymansky and Lacey Cohen of Fox Chapel today in the WPIAL doubles championship. Adams and Li lost just two games in two matches, while Shymansky and Cohen dropped only seven games in three matches.