Brashear had struggled offensively in its first four games.
The Bulls used their fifth game to break out in a big way.
Ty Powe's 62-yard touchdown run with 3:02 left gave Brashear a 41-38 non-conference win at Erie Strong Vincent on Thursday.
Brashear (2-3) had scored just 42 points entering the game. Its season high had been 16.
Powe also rushed for a 52-yard touchdown and finished with 199 yards.
Brashear quarterback Angelo Reed was 7 of 17 for 107 yards and four touchdowns. Reed also rushed for 51 yards.
The Bulls led, 32-18, in the third quarter, but Strong Vincent (1-4) rallied to make it 32-30 heading into the fourth quarter.
• Tyler Livingston's goal with 10 minutes left allowed Norwin (5-6-1, 5-2) to win at Kiski Area (8-3, 6-2), 2-1, in Class AAA Section 1.
• Also in Class AAA Section 1, Ben George scored with 45 seconds left to help Hempfield (6-3-2, 4-3-1) deal visiting Penn-Trafford (5-4-1, 4-4) its third loss in a row, 1-0.
• Alex Miller's goal 1:03 into overtime helped visiting Pine-Richland (8-3-1, 4-3) edge North Allegheny (8-2, 5-2), 2-1, in Class AAA Section 2. John Engel added a goal and an assist for the Tigers.
• Nick Sodini and Josh Kruczek both had a goal and an assist for Class AAA No. 2 Canon-McMillan (9-0-2) in a 2-0 non-section win against Mt. Lebanon (7-4) at Highmark Stadium.
• Nick Lancaster scored two goals to help Laurel Highlands (10-2, 7-1) win at Class AA No. 5 McGuffey (9-3, 7-1), 3-1, in Section 6.
• Chartiers-Houston (3-8-2, 3-5-1) got goals from Jake Fulton and Cole Wingard to earn a 2-1 home win against Class A Section 4 leader Beth-Center (7-3, 6-2).
• Yanique Apgar scored with 20 seconds left in the first overtime and host East Allegheny (1-9, 1-7) held on to earn its first win, 2-1, against Derry (2-6, 2-6), in Class AA Section 1.
• Shawna Zaken had a hat trick and goalkeeper Leigh Appolonia notched her sixth shutout to help host Yough (7-3, 5-1) defeat Derry (1-8-1, 1-5-1), 6-0, in Class AA Section 1.
• Sydney Schipani scored twice to lift Class AA No. 4 Moon (11-1, 8-1) to a 4-0 win in Section 5 against visiting West Allegheny (5-6, 4-5).
• Mike Sudo's even-par 35 vaulted North Allegheny to a 194-197 win against Seneca Valley in a Class AAA Section 3 match at Cranberry Highlands Golf Course.
• Moon's Jordan Hakim shot a 1-under 35 at Montour Heights Country Club in leading the Tigers to a 197-217 triumph against Montour in Class AAA Section 5.
• Zack Taylor fired a 3-under 36 at Youghiogheny Country Club to lead Baldwin to a 199-215 win against McKeesport in Class AAA Section 6.
• After the match was deadlocked, 202-202, at the end of regulation, South Fayette edged Trinity on the second playoff hole to gain the Class AAA Section 7 win at Hickory Heights Golf Club. South Fayette's Corey Long shot a 2-under 34.
• Isabel Siergiej scored two goals, including the winner in overtime, to help Penn-Trafford avenge a loss from earlier this season with a 2-1 non-section victory at Fox Chapel. The Foxes defeated Penn-Trafford in last year's WPIAL Class AAA championship.hsother