The Geibel football team will forfeit a game Friday against Beth-Center because of a shortage of players.
"We only have 12 healthy boys, so we are not able to play," Geibel athletic director Shawn Hollup said. "Our intention, though, is to play Vincentian the following week."
Geibel, a small Catholic school in Connellsville, had only 16 players at the start of the season and had a few injured in an 81-0 season-opening loss to Frazier. One other is on vacation this week. This is the third game in the past two seasons that Geibel has forfeited because of a lack of players. Geibel forfeited the first two games in 2012.
• Freshman Carolina Lucci scored with 10 minutes left to propel Class AA No. 3 Central Valley (1-0) to a 2-1 win at Class AAA No. 2 Upper St. Clair (2-1) in a non-section match. Katie Alexander also scored for Central Valley.
• Kayleen Schwegler scored twice to vault Class AA No. 2 Hopewell (2-0) to a 3-2 non-section victory at Pine-Richland (3-1).
• Jordan Toohey's goal two minutes into the game was all the offense host Mount Pleasant (2-0, 1-0) needed to defeat Greensburg Salem (0-1, 0-1), 1-0, in Class AA Section 1.
• Moriah Wigley's two goals led Class AA No. 4 Quaker Valley (3-0, 1-0) to a 3-1 win at South Fayette (1-2, 0-1) in Section 5.
• Jordan McClain scored with two minutes left in the first overtime to help Class A No. 3 Sewickley Academy (1-1, 1-0) edge visiting Mohawk (0-2, 0-1), 1-0, in Section 1.
• Audra Lewis netted a hat trick for South Allegheny (1-0, 1-0) in a 12-0 win at Monessen (0-1, 0-1) in Class A Section 2. Lewis kicked a 31-yard field goal Saturday for the South Allegheny football team.
• Ellese White's goal nine minutes into the second half allowed visiting Bishop Canevin (2-0-1, 1-0) to defeat Seton-LaSalle (0-1, 0-1), 1-0, in Class A Section 3.
• In non-section play, Pat Harmon's goal midway through the second half proved to be the difference in Class AA No. 1 West Allegheny's (4-0) 2-0 home win against Class A No. 1 Sewickley Academy (1-1).
• North Allegheny's Martin Lazzaro fired a 3-under 32 at Diamond Run Golf Club in leading the Tigers to a 196-216 win against North Hills in Class AAA Section 3.
• Patrick Sheerer's even-par 36 at Vandergrift Golf Club improved Fox Chapel to 7-0 after a 189-210 win against Kiski Area in Class AAA Section 4.
• Lauren Waller and Kevin Rush shot 1-under 35s at Lindenwood Golf Course (Blue) to help Canon-McMillan edge Peters Township, 187-190, in Class AAA Section 7.
• Josh Linsenbigler's even-par 36 at Quicksilver Golf Club vaulted West Allegheny to a 207-222 win against Trinity in Class AAA Section 7.
• Max Kaminsky fired a 1-under 35 at Seven Springs Golf Course to push Serra Catholic to a 211-240 triumph against Carlynton in Class AA Section 7.
• Lily Oppenheimer shot a 2-over 39 to vault Mt. Lebanon to a 181-198 victory against Bethel Park at Mt. Lebanon Golf Course in Class AAA Section 2.